THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Here is a picture of where my spot check is. I just had 100% hatch so I guess it is working. I raised the temp to 100 because I was having a lot of late term death and chicks not making it out. Increasing the temp seems to have worked! I use the eco for an incubator and the advanced for a hatcher.

Here is a picture of where my spot check is. I just had 100% hatch so I guess it is working. I raised the temp to 100 because I was having a lot of late term death and chicks not making it out. Increasing the temp seems to have worked! I use the eco for an incubator and the advanced for a hatcher.
I did the exact same thing. After 2 delayed hatches, I raised to 100.0 degrees. My last two hatches were 17/19 and 22/23, with most of them popping like popcorn on day 21

I noticed this little hole yesterday. Is that on all Octagons? Nothing to worry about when adjusting humidity?

I noticed this little hole yesterday. Is that on all Octagons? Nothing to worry about when adjusting humidity?

It's on there so you can put the tube through for the humidity pump. It's so you can add the pump as an extra. You put clips inside the incubator that holds the evaporation pad the tube then goes through that hole and pumps water onto the pad.

The white pad in the incubator is the evaporation pad that the tube in the top pic touches.
ETA You can only add the pump to the advance models, sorry forgot to say. But you can buy the pads and v clips seperate so I think you could fashion something with some tubing and a syringe to get water into the incubator with out openng it. Ideal at lockdown.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't explain it very well :smack
The clear tube from the humidity pump goes through the hole you are asking about. The pump then maintains your humidity for you so you do not have to add water the pump does it for you. Just set your humidity level on the incubator and the pump keeps it at that.

Sorry I didn't explain it very well
smack.gif

The clear tube from the humidity pump goes through the hole you are asking about. The pump then maintains your humidity for you so you do not have to add water the pump does it for you. Just set your humidity level on the incubator and the pump keeps it at that.
The only thing that EX model doesn't do is lay the eggs...

I would reccomend the pump 100% Just so easy and takes so much worry out of incubation. Allthough when it pumps the water in the humidity may go above the set level (this did really worry me the first time) it keeps the average so well. No messing no hassle thinking oh god I best get home to put water in!!

Back
Top Bottom