THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Quote:
pop.gif

Last edited:
go go go, all you Briseaholics!!!!
cool.png

keep us posted!

i am actually doing a series of temp and humidity tests with out three units in different rooms here.

recording ambient temp and rh

bator temp and rh: with one water chamber full, with bator 'level', then with bator tipped forward, then with it tipped back...........

and then both chambers full, bator level, then tipped for., then tipped back.

interesting.

i want to see how they behave empty, first.

Mine all hatched Monday, so I need to grow out some of the ones that are indoors before I hatch more.
sad.png
36 is not enough! My incubator is so lonely. (I totally stuck eggs under my broody though.)

Quote:
Congrats!

Just a tip...I use pieces of felt instead of paper towels, and the felt holds the moisture WAY longer than the paper towels. Thanks to my brilliant husband, I also use a pipette during lockdown to reach down through the tray and add extra water as needed.
smile.png

I used paper towels folded up and soaked under the egg tray last time I hatched,, and what a mess it created! The paper towels got dry and little fibers got everywhere! I will only use a new sponge from now on.... ugh!

I use a pipette too! I get them from work, we use them with pregnancy tests... wonder if you can buy them at a store? They are perfect for feeding baby chicks too.

Quote:
Congrats!

Just a tip...I use pieces of felt instead of paper towels, and the felt holds the moisture WAY longer than the paper towels. Thanks to my brilliant husband, I also use a pipette during lockdown to reach down through the tray and add extra water as needed.
smile.png

very neat idea. i MUST get some felt. thank you.

You can really get by w/o pipettes. Well wait, SOME PEOPLE, I should say, get by without pipettes. They just open the bator, take out the tray w/eggs, add water, and put 'er back together. Remember, mama hen gets off the eggs at least once per day--and for a longer time than it would take us to add a bit of water.......................

See those links i posted for good and helpful data from users!

I only use the pipettes during lockdown. I open the incubator and take out the egg tray to add water the other 18 days as you mentioned.

Quote:
Congrats!

smile.png

I used paper towels folded up and soaked under the egg tray last time I hatched,, and what a mess it created! The paper towels got dry and little fibers got everywhere! I will only use a new sponge from now on.... ugh!

I use a pipette too! I get them from work, we use them with pregnancy tests... wonder if you can buy them at a store? They are perfect for feeding baby chicks too.

I agree, the paper towels make a huge mess. The felt was much easier to clean up!

I love that I can share this experience with my children! Here are a couple of pics of my 25 month old following in her mommy's footsteps.

Checking to see if anything is hatching (even though she doesn't know it's not time yet!)...

108361_p1050868.jpg

And candling one of her play eggs...

108361_p1050870.jpg

Quote:
very neat idea. i MUST get some felt. thank you.

You can really get by w/o pipettes. Well wait, SOME PEOPLE, I should say, get by without pipettes. They just open the bator, take out the tray w/eggs, add water, and put 'er back together. Remember, mama hen gets off the eggs at least once per day--and for a longer time than it would take us to add a bit of water.......................

See those links i posted for good and helpful data from users!

I only use the pipettes during lockdown. I open the incubator and take out the egg tray to add water the other 18 days as you mentioned. aha! very good to hear. i can see the pipette thing for lockdown. Do you think one could get away w/o it if one filled up and did the sponge,etc. thing on the 18th day?

Back
Top Bottom