The Buckeye Thread

Hey y'all! I'm planning to get my first buckeyed in just a couple of weeks! So excited. Can y'all tell me if they do okay with the hot humid Georgia summers?

Buckeyes do great in the South. Ensure they have plenty of fresh water and shade. I have Buff Orpingtons and Buckeyes. The BO's will be panting and the Bucks do not.

Eggs are rolling now with over a hundred in the incubator and a bunch in the ground. This fall will be fun. These things have tripled in size in just a week.
Also developed a new Farm logo:

It says "Darkside Cometh"

With the warmer temps my eggs are finally not in danger of freezing. And egg production is ramping up, past few days I've found several eggs on the floor of the coop (and even on the shavings on the ground just outside the coop) so I'm thinking the pullets from last summer's hatch are starting to lay. I'm so tempted to throw some eggs in the incubator! Unfortunately, I still have no good place to brood chicks yet.

Adding five more to my stock pile to incubate. Getting excited. Blueface I'm a little jealous on your amounts going in. Lol

You weren't joking when you said you like them dark, did you? LOL I've seen a couple of pics of Buckeye chicks, but none that dark. They're beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom