The Buckeye Thread

O.K. that was fun, but we'd better get the thread back on topic now
smile.png

Regin, you started it with your painted bird! Show us some more pics?

Last edited:
I took a stool and jar of peanuts out to the Buckeye coop earlier. As I was sitting in the pen watching them, I thought "SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THE CAMERA"
he.gif

Given the statistical odds of 1:160,000 that I would have only pullets in a straight run, and after confirming i really ordered a straight run... I suspect I was sent sexed chicks in error.. but hey...NO complaints here :) They are lovely, gentle, healthy, happy, prolific layers!!

Given the statistical odds of 1:160,000 that I would have only pullets in a straight run, and after confirming i really ordered a straight run... I suspect I was sent sexed chicks in error.. but hey...NO complaints here :) They are lovely, gentle, healthy, happy, prolific layers!
Absolutely, Will be looking at my best hens and trying to get the best roo that's true to the SOP :)

Given the statistical odds of 1:160,000 that I would have only pullets in a straight run, and after confirming i really ordered a straight run... I suspect I was sent sexed chicks in error.. but hey...NO complaints here :) They are lovely, gentle, healthy, happy, prolific layers!!

It's nearly impossible to get all one gender, even if they are ordered as such.

Turk

As a scientist, I love it that sometimes the most extreme probabilty odds against an occurance sometimes do actually occur :) Have seldom seen so in 30 years of experimental life science :) Go figure....

Back
Top Bottom