The Buckeye Thread

Finally got the pic of the male I've showing this fall.

7 months old 8 lbs 4 ounces, Reserve Super Grand Champion of Show in EOPA and Reserve Grand Champion LF at SOPA.
love.gif
I may have to replace my "pinup" of Champ. No use wondering why you're winning. Besides I'd bet you have a couple more like him.
droolin.gif

He's stunning, Joe. Looking forward to seeing what he'll do at future shows.

At the end of August, one of my free ranging hens hatched a clutch of Buckeye chicks after going missing for a few weeks. I had no way of knowing which hen might have produced each chick, and I was finished brooding for the year anyway. With the first annual Eastern Ohio Poultry Association show coming up in a few weeks, I decided to donate the chicks for a fundraiser for Nathanael Medley and his club. Janis Montgomery aka bunnibird55 now has them and sent me these pics. I thought I would share, with her permission. I hope they grow up to be great additions to her flock.

They are very nice chicks....one of the cockerels is really growing quickly. You will be seeing more of them as I have picked a couple of them that I believe will be good enough to show next spring! I will count on Josh and Joe to tell me if I have picked the right ones for showing!

They are very nice chicks....one of the cockerels is really growing quickly. You will be seeing more of them as I have picked a couple of them that I believe will be good enough to show next spring! I will count on Josh and Joe to tell me if I have picked the right ones for showing!

It would be my pleasure to help you :) I look forward to talking to you this weekend at the ON

Congratulations to the Buckeye winners at the Ohio National. Judge Jeff Halbach did an excellent job picking the winners. Jeff and his dad raised many Buckeyes during the time they operated Halbach Poultry Farm in Waterford Wisconsin. Congratulations to the winners in the bantam class too. I'm not sure who judged the bantams but from what I could see the bantams were very nice.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom