The Buckeye Thread

Heres a pic of my Buckeyes from Minnie. They r friendly little buggers!! Every time I walk into their coop they run up to my feet!!
You must have the magic touch with them, because at that age here, they are bat crap crazy, then settle back down in a month or so. LOL Or they just know you bring the food, cuz those Bucks are hungry little buggers!

You must have the magic touch with them, because at that age here, they are bat crap crazy, then settle back down in a month or so.  LOL  Or they just know you bring the food, cuz those Bucks are hungry little buggers!

Oh believe me they r still crazy little things! They run around chasing eachother because one picked up a piece of pine shaving! I have brought them cut up clover and some grit and they think its a treat! And they dont like the outdoors... At all... They run right back into their coop!!

Once my Muscovys are gone this weekend we will be building a grow out pen with a roof on it and a coop attached. I am scared of them getting sun bleached.

Heres a pic of my Buckeyes from Minnie. They r friendly little buggers!! Every time I walk into their coop they run up to my feet!!
Lovely!
thumbsup.gif
How old are they?

I have some torpedo shaped eggs too--same breeder--but in my Marans and a Welsummer. I can't see hatcheability being good on any of those eggs--no room for a chick to grow.
I'm going to try to breed that trait out. It's odd that all 3 breeds would have the same flaw in the egg shape. The eggs don't fit well in a carton either. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to be able to accomplish getting rid of the trait, but I'll just keep selecting the most egg shaped eggs for hatching.

Oh believe me they r still crazy little things! They run around chasing eachother because one picked up a piece of pine shaving! I have brought them cut up clover and some grit and they think its a treat! And they dont like the outdoors... At all... They run right back into their coop!!

Once my Muscovys are gone this weekend we will be building a grow out pen with a roof on it and a coop attached. I am scared of them getting sun bleached.

I have never seen where the Sun does anything to the Buckeyes. They actually look great in the Sun!

I have a question. Are the Buckeyes supposed to have a few black dotted feathers on the neck? I have 11 for my meat pens, and I have already picked my 3, since they weigh the best, and are the best looking. I also picked out 3 for showing. I will try to get pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom