The Buckeye Thread

Beautiful! Both of them
smile.png

Wow! Do you know her name?

Thats Sydney, she is my daughter. Sydney started her adventure with the Buckeye breed when she was 10 years old.

That male's great grandsire, grandsire, and sire have all made it to Champion Row. He was on Champion Row earlier this year.

Sydney has accompanied each male and has been present at every show.

Last edited:
Thats Sydney, she is my daughter. Sydney started her adventure with the Buckeye breed when she was 10 years old.

That male's great grandsire, grandsire, and sire have all made it to Champion Row. He was on Champion earlier this year.

Sydney has accompanied each male and has been present at every show.

Very cool! Tell her congrats and that rooster is gorgeous! :)

@Blueface I've got a couple of breeding questions. You have been breeding Buckeyes for a number of years now, and if I remember correctly, you started off with a pair. I would assume that your type is set and you have mostly very good to excellent chicks, all of the ones that hatch are similar now. Is that true?
How many chicks did you have to hatch/ choose from, to get this champion rooster ? Do you pick the best from each hatch, or pick just one at the end of the year? Some years, do you not pick any at all? I'm just trying to get an idea of how many chicks to select from. I've read that only one in a hundred is a champion....... do you find that to be true?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom