The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

how is she today??
Sadly, Pumpkin didn't make it. She was doing so well the night before yesterday: she was pooping a little, fairly active when taking her out/putting her back, and taking her meds and critical care well. The bloating pretty much was gone, her stomach was just a little firm, so I did my last check-up with her at 9pm and then woke up at 6:30 the next morning since she had done so well. The next morning she'd taken a sudden and drastic change for the worst; I managed to get one more dose of meds in her, and about an hour later I took her out for another dose but by then I pretty much knew she wasn't going to make it. She passed about an hour or two later.

I'm trying not to beat myself up or feel guilty: I feel like I could have done more, but I'm also trying to remind myself there wasn't much more I could have done. We've treated a bad and a mild case of stasis on 2 different rabbits with this exact same treatment with great success so obviously Pumpkin either had a bad block or it was such a bad case that it just overtook her. Sometimes things happen too fast and so suddenly.
It's hard, but I try to look at the good sides: I did the best I could for her and gave her a good life while she was with me. Pumpkin was such a great little bunny, I sure miss her a lot.

Sadly, Pumpkin didn't make it. She was doing so well the night before yesterday: she was pooping a little, fairly active when taking her out/putting her back, and taking her meds and critical care well. The bloating pretty much was gone, her stomach was just a little firm, so I did my last check-up with her at 9pm and then woke up at 6:30 the next morning since she had done so well. The next morning she'd taken a sudden and drastic change for the worst; I managed to get one more dose of meds in her, and about an hour later I took her out for another dose but by then I pretty much knew she wasn't going to make it. She passed about an hour or two later.

I'm trying not to beat myself up or feel guilty: I feel like I could have done more, but I'm also trying to remind myself there wasn't much more I could have done. We've treated a bad and a mild case of stasis on 2 different rabbits with this exact same treatment with great success so obviously Pumpkin either had a bad block or it was such a bad case that it just overtook her. Sometimes things happen too fast and so suddenly.
It's hard, but I try to look at the good sides: I did the best I could for her and gave her a good life while she was with me. Pumpkin was such a great little bunny, I sure miss her a lot.
I'm so sorry you lost her. :hugs

Man, I’m so sorry to hear that.

Hey everyone. My first litter of purebred American Chinchillas were born yesterday! These kits will be socialized, tatted, pedigreed, and sold for pets and breeding stock. This is the first litter of a critical livestock breed on my farm so I am ecstatic. 8 more American Chinchilla rabbits in the world. Hurray!

WE HAVE 4 BUNNIES LEFT!

We have four gorgeous purebred Mini Lops available to loving homes! Open to pet or breeding homes. These babies have pedigrees (if you’d like one). One generation is missing on the mother’s side.

We are located in Spokane, WA. We are willing to drive to meet up a few hours from Spokane. Tell us if you’re interested! Available bunnies are pictured.

Available Bunnies:
1) Orange/Black Tricolor (Dense) buck - AVAILABLE
2) Blue/Fawn Tricolor (Dilute) buck - AVAILABLE
3) Gold-Tipped Black Steel buck - AVAILABLE
4) Blue/Fawn Tricolor (Dilute) buck - AVAILABLE
5) Broken Gold-Tipped Blue Steel doe - nfs (not for sale; keeping)
6) Blue Harlequin (Dilute) buck - reserved
7) Broken Gold-Tipped Black Steel - reserved

2B78F9CF-6F02-4410-8CDC-EFD6EF1551AE.jpeg

C72A84F2-4D46-4A64-B300-25C193EABD5A.jpeg

9DB2DB59-9667-4CB4-8E52-5A7284495138.jpeg

C8F23538-5CEB-4F2F-9606-EB74A2AE06C9.jpeg

Good evening everyone! I have bred rabbits for about 2 years now. I have a Mini Rex pair and a Holland Lop pair. Recently I haven't been able to easily sell the babies and it's made me decide to stop breeding rabbits. I would like to get both pairs fixed and keep them all together in a huge enclosure with tunnels, plants, ect. I also have a little Holland Lop kit I'd like to keep and get fixed and I still have 3 Mini Rex babies so I'd like to keep one of those also. What do y'all think and from y'alls experience, do you think they'd get along?

Back
Top Bottom