The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Pics
I just joined the bunny club yesterday. 2 castor standard rex. 1 male and 1 female but I can't breed them due to being siblings. Eventually I will get a 3rd stand rex, no hurry to breed them as I need to adjust to having rabbits. I want to start a Colony but that's expensive to construct. I do not like rabbit meat but if times get tough rabbit meat is great to trade with.
IMG_5116.JPG
Thats not a bunny feeder but I had to drive out of town after this picture to buy some. those are my cage chicken waterers that I use when an emergency caging of a chicken. Castor is my favorite color of Rex rabbits because if I learn to tan the hides I can have a natural looking fur to work with.

I just joined the bunny club yesterday. 2 castor standard rex. 1 male and 1 female but I can't breed them due to being siblings. Eventually I will get a 3rd stand rex, no hurry to breed them as I need to adjust to having rabbits. I want to start a Colony but that's expensive to construct. I do not like rabbit meat but if times get tough rabbit meat is great to trade with.
View attachment 2235942
Thats not a bunny feeder but I had to drive out of town after this picture to buy some. those are my cage chicken waterers that I use when an emergency caging of a chicken. Castor is my favorite color of Rex rabbits because if I learn to tan the hides I can have a natural looking fur to work with.
That's a cute bunny! How old are they? Are you keeping them in separate cages? We may know that you shouldn't breed siblings, but the bunnies probably don't, so keeping them separate past 12 weeks is a wise idea.

I have wanted to raise and eat rabbits for a while, but I live in the desert, not ideal for rabbits. Plus the kids would have a fit if I ate a rabbit! 😂

I really like the Castor color too, although I didn't know what it was called before now. My Holland Lop has some castor/orange markings, and she is very pretty.

As for the feeders, don't worry about them not being rabbit feeders. I have used too many different things to feed my rabbits to criticize others. :D

Good luck with your rabbits!

I'm writing an article about pet rabbit care. I've gotten quite a bit done but I was wondering if any ya'll had suggestions? I've never actually had a rabbit so it would be great to hear what ya'll have to say

I'm writing an article about pet rabbit care. I've gotten quite a bit done but I was wondering if any ya'll had suggestions? I've never actually had a rabbit so it would be great to hear what ya'll have to say
That's great!

1. Baby rabbits should have alfalfa hay until they are 6 months, and Timothy after that.
2. Bunnies are not good pets for little kids. They are fragile and can be easily injured, and most bunnies don't like being picked up.
3. Unless you are a rabbit breeder, get your rabbits fixed so you don't end up with unwanted litters.

That's great!

1. Baby rabbits should have alfalfa hay until they are 6 months, and Timothy after that.
2. Bunnies are not good pets for little kids. They are fragile and can be easily injured, and most bunnies don't like being picked up.
3. Unless you are a rabbit breeder, get your rabbits fixed so you don't end up with unwanted litters.
Thanks! I didn't know about the alfalfa for babies. The whole first section is about how rabbits are not good for little kids though. I'm just starting on fixing rabbits to help aggression and litter training.

I didn't know about the alfalfa for babies. The whole first section is about how rabbits are not good for little kids though. I'm just starting on fixing rabbits to help aggression and litter training.
I don't know if it is actually accurate. I only got one of my rabbits as a baby, and I fed her Timothy, but on all the YouTube videos and websites I've watched or read, it says feed Alfalfa to babies.

Back
Top Bottom