The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Snapchat-779879842.jpg

Why is bugs turning dark gray? Is it cuz he's changing coat for the winters or he just needs to be groomed. I try to groom him daily but he doesn't like it. Also how long will it take for him to grow all his long fur winter is coming and I don't any heating for him or stuff. How shall I prepare for the winters?

Last edited:
View attachment 2391550
Why is bugs turning dark gray? Is it cuz he's changing coat for the winters or he just needs to be groomed. I try to groom him daily but he doesn't like it. Also how long will it take for him to grow all his long fur winter is coming and I don't any heating for him or stuff. How shall I prepare for the winters?
There you are! I was starting to worry.
1- keep grooming him as much as both of you can stand.
2- he does look like he is shedding, idk how long it takes per se.
3- what are your winters like?
4- he’s still indoors, right? As long as you’re fine he should be fine. They ideally like temperatures to be between 65° to 75°.
5- rabbits’ diets change based on temperature. Mine eat and drink less when it’s colder and also very hot.

There you are! I was starting to worry.
1- keep grooming him as much as both of you can stand.
2- he does look like he is shedding, idk how long it takes per se.
3- what are your winters like?
4- he’s still indoors, right? As long as you’re fine he should be fine. They ideally like temperatures to be between 65° to 75°.
5- rabbits’ diets change based on temperature. Mine eat and drink less when it’s colder and also very hot.
I wasn't active cuz of exams oof I hate them. The lowest it gets here is -1 and yes I keep him indoors now. He doesn't tolerate being groomed at all I have to force him or do it while he is eating his dinner or breakfast he doesn't seem to notice then. Maybe he doesn't like being groomed cuz his fur is always tangled and it maybe hurts even though I do it very gently.

So sorry to write in here.. I have no bunny.. But does anybody near Gilbert AZ want a bunny? someone on next door cant keep their black mini rex and is selling him for $100. He will be coming with a 4 level cage, toys, and outdoor cages, and more. Please reply to this if you would like the bunny, and I can give you her number!
Hopefully u guys will find a good home for him ♥️

I wasn't active cuz of exams oof I hate them. The lowest it gets here is -1 and yes I keep him indoors now. He doesn't tolerate being groomed at all I have to force him or do it while he is eating his dinner or breakfast he doesn't seem to notice then. Maybe he doesn't like being groomed cuz his fur is always tangled and it maybe hurts even though I do it very gently.
No problem. Judging by the time of year I kind of figured. But it’s still good to hear you weren't sick or anything.
Yes! It does hurt :). I have always had long hair and OW! Although I can rip through own tangles just fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️
As long as he lets you, do it. It doesnt matter if he’s eating. That’s actually a bonus because then you can get his backside which is usually the hardest to get to.
Is your home, or at least where Bugs stays, fairly warm? I dont imagine you should have anything to worry about. But it’s good you care.

No problem. Judging by the time of year I kind of figured. But it’s still good to hear you weren't sick or anything.
Yes! It does hurt :). I have always had long hair and OW! Although I can rip through own tangles just fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️
As long as he lets you, do it. It doesnt matter if he’s eating. That’s actually a bonus because then you can get his backside which is usually the hardest to get to.
Is your home, or at least where Bugs stays, fairly warm? I dont imagine you should have anything to worry about. But it’s good you care.
Our house is warm during the winters especially the upper portion where he stays.

Your Culls look better than my breeding stock! Actually they all look the same to me which is why I can never be a serious breeder. Just pet Quality animals as well as meat, fur and compost production. Is that Rex fur on those rabbits? The darker one behind the white rabbit looks real smooth.

My Castor female is going to give birth real soon, I believe on Halloween. Her breeding mate is a white rabbit. Am I going to get half white half castor or am I going to get a rainbow of colors? Although I have bred rabbits before I have very little experience with breeding colors.
You crack me up. My bunnies are just bunnies 🤣 I’m not breeding. I did want to and wanted to butcher some, but I’m not sure if I have the you know whats to do it.

Back
Top Bottom