The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Whew, moved my fryer aged rabbits out of their moms cage and into one of the big 4x4 cages where they will finish growing out, and the 4 rexes we had growing out in there previously are now sausage cubes. Lots of work today!

Meanwhile, my youngest litter started coming out of the nestbox earlier this week.
20201120_132303.jpg

20201120_132251.jpg

Very Angery.
Looks like it’s under arrest 😂😂😂

Brooke knows her name because when I called her, she came right to me 😂

Yesterday she got a tunnel. I thinks it’s @igorsMistress who suggested it to me months back. It’s made for cats, but my cat won’t use it 🤔 so like I always do, I used it for a different purpose so the bunnies won’t want to dig as much for a tunnel.

They also have “Oh no Bob” whenever they play with him he says “Oh no!” and a bunch of other things like balls and such.
CDC6C6E4-045A-4CDA-8ABE-C98FAD085BB5.jpeg

My girls love their new palace. It’s 8x8, I can heat it as well. The flooring is PVC board, the stuff is amazing to clean, we used it in our huge coop as well.

I have a cat bed I’m going to give them and I may put the cat tree out there since my cat doesn’t use it or I’ll take it apart and use the parts I want.

The cat litter container for their hay is genius! I only have to fill it every other day. They have a cat food dispenser for their pellets (We use southern states rabbit pellets). They have a nice ceramic dog bowl for their daily greens. In the spring I grow a ton of greens so they always have fresh, in the winter I get all organic greens.

Snow is the cutest bunny ever!
5B40CD3B-AEF9-477B-8BAF-1BD672A3C9AF.jpeg

DEB1AD77-A8E5-43CE-982C-162A1558BF50.jpeg

Brooke (my personal fave)
C53B7BDB-3327-44FB-8DB0-B843B92FCAC1.jpeg
3967A7AA-0F35-4A71-A6AC-58AF448569E4.jpeg

Syd being a 💩 like usual
84D8923A-87EF-4ACE-96CE-7EEBD82A9A9B.jpeg
DF4E18A8-0156-4421-B0A7-D67296266226.jpeg

Hay feeder
A4E7F7C6-BFE0-4F09-8996-F39059326F25.jpeg

Hello i have a mini rex doe who i am hoping is pregnant she should be about 5 days along i was wondering how much i should feed her she was getting 1 cup of greens and 2 tablespoons of pellets a day this morning i changed it to a little bit less greens and 4 tablespoons of pellets
Is this enough she also gets unlimited hay and water i should also mention that the pellets she gets are from southern states 😁

Hello i have a mini rex doe who i am hoping is pregnant she should be about 5 days along i was wondering how much i should feed her she was getting 1 cup of greens and 2 tablespoons of pellets a day this morning i changed it to a little bit less greens and 4 tablespoons of pellets
Is this enough she also gets unlimited hay and water i should also mention that the pellets she gets are from southern states 😁

Where you get the feed from is less important than protein content. Looks like you're probably feeding 16-18% though which is good. Check your bag of feed and come back to tell us what the protein content is.

In about 5 days start slowly increasing your pellet feeding (like add in a tsp every day) until she's getting pellets free choice in two weeks. You can keep feeding her normal amount of greens and hay free choice as well. Keep her on that until the kits are weaned and separated around 5-6 weeks, then slowly decrease the pellets to her normal diet over the next week.

I probably use the same pellets as you. I free feed my bunnies like I do my cat and chickens. I give pellets, hay, and greens all day long to the bunnies. My bunnies are very active so they pretty much burn everything off. If I did end up breeding mine, I wouldn't have to worry about changing anything. My bunnies are very good at controlling themselves.

I have thought about getting a male, but then I am not sure that I want the bother of a male. My females get along so well and I feel like a male will only stress them out even if he has his own area like theirs.

Where you get the feed from is less important than protein content. Looks like you're probably feeding 16-18% though which is good. Check your bag of feed and come back to tell us what the protein content is.

In about 5 days start slowly increasing your pellet feeding (like add in a tsp every day) until she's getting pellets free choice in two weeks. You can keep feeding her normal amount of greens and hay free choice as well. Keep her on that until the kits are weaned and separated around 5-6 weeks, then slowly decrease the pellets to her normal diet over the next week.
Ok thankyou the crude protein is 18.00%

I probably use the same pellets as you. I free feed my bunnies like I do my cat and chickens. I give pellets, hay, and greens all day long to the bunnies. My bunnies are very active so they pretty much burn everything off. If I did end up breeding mine, I wouldn't have to worry about changing anything. My bunnies are very good at controlling themselves.

I have thought about getting a male, but then I am not sure that I want the bother of a male. My females get along so well and I feel like a male will only stress them out even if he has his own area like theirs.
If I gave my cats free choice food there wouldn't be anything left lol:lau

Back
Top Bottom