The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Hello bunny folks. I hope you and your buns are all well. ‘Tis the season for gardening here so Kevin and HopTart have been reaping the rewards. Lots of fresh herbs and the lettuce thinnings have gone in their bowl this month. I’ve recently expanded the garden so next year will be better. Today I’m going to see if they like artichoke leaves.

I feed manapro gro 18% but it really depends on your goals. Since you have a pet I'd just look for a low protein/high fiber pellet and go from there. Purina Fibre3 is good if you need something inexpensive. I had my rabbits on Kaytee Fortidiet+ Timothy pellets when I had pet rabbits but that was too low calorie for them because they had a lot of space and not as many high calorie snacks. Oxbow is a fine brand but they have different qualities of feed. Just definately don't pick a high calorie farm rabbit diet (16%+) or one with lots of seeds and colored cereal bits.

If you care to crunch the numbers yourself you can even go pellet free. Lots of people feed hay and veggie based with a low calcium mineral lick instead.
Oxbow is brand we give the guinea pigs. supposedly it’s one of the best “premium” pet foods according to DS research. The rabbits get country roads because i can get it in 50# bags.
I use Oxbow also.

Thanks for the responses! I will keep all of this in mind when it comes time to switch her to an adult formula. Currently we think she is 4-5 months old and just starting her terrible teens 😱

Yeah, they start to get feisty around that age. XD Good luck!
Thanks! So far she is as affectionate as ever (touch wood). But she has started getting a bit weird about having her litter boxes cleaned and there has definitely been some regression in litter training. But we love her anyway so we will keep muddling through as best we can :) It sure is nice to have some other bunny owners to talk to though!

Last edited:
Hello Bunny people!! I was just wondering if anyone has good suggestions for bunny treats! I usually give my little Rabbi those little heart shaped oxbow treats in a few different flavors, but I think she is getting quite bored with them lately as she has just been leaving them on the floor. Id love to hear some of your bunnies favorite brands and types of treats!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1911361303.jpg
    Snapchat-1911361303.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210124_105537(0).jpg
    20210124_105537(0).jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 3
Hello Bunny people!! I was just wondering if anyone has good suggestions for bunny treats! I usually give my little Rabbi those little heart shaped oxbow treats in a few different flavors, but I think she is getting quite bored with them lately as she has just been leaving them on the floor. Id love to hear some of your bunnies favorite brands and types of treats!
She is so cute!
A lot of people just give them slices of apple, banana, or carrot.

theres a type called Yogies (or Yo Dips, depending on the brand) are some treats that my rabbit likes. They’re not the healthiest, so she only gets them a few time a month, but they’re pretty cheap and add color to a treat jar lol.
Oxbow’s other rabbit treats ( like the digestive support and vitamin c ones) are a favorite too

Back
Top Bottom