THE BYC TRAVELING MASCOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I told him you would say that....he just shrugged it off though.

Thanks....I have plenty more for him to meet. I will get a pic of him and the buttons. I don't know who snores worse, HJ or the dog
gig.gif

Over the week, Fancy has been working with me on a scrapbook of her travels.

This weekend, she got to take a trip with me to the great Oklahoma State Poultry Federation poultry show.

She was glad I remembered to bring a purse for her to ride in around that big ol' building.

100_2442.jpg

She got her picture taken with me, when I met up with 'okcarla' and 'countyroads1330' - fellow BYC members.

IMG_00212_pp.jpg

Then we found chickngurl - another BYCer.

IMG_0081.jpg

Fancy seamed to enjoy herself, and she is ready to head to her next stop
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
OMG! You're right!! It's the Indiana Jones' father's hat and glasses!! My son is going to love him. He's a huge Indy fan. Hope he brings some of those cookies with him.
wink.png

Sorry, the cookies are gone.
hide.gif

That's all right. I'm about to go into overdrive with my own cookie baking. We'll get by without yours. They did look yummy though!

It was a cold day here today. We had snow, sleet, and freezing rain. The roads are icy but Beaker got through the day with no problems. Well, he almost got through the day with no problems. He didn't have the proper clothing and equipment for work today but he did get to watch.

Beaker went to work with the trail crew cleaning up some trails that needed some work. He went for a hike of over 3 miles through some beautiful country. It was so gray today that we didn't get any scenery photos. Sorry.

9733_dscn2956.jpg

Here is Beaker in dacs' pack. He stayed pretty warm in there even though dacs' water on the outside of the pack froze.

9733_dscn2957.jpg

Beaker having some lunch. He really likes grapes.

9733_dscn2955.jpg

Beaker checking out the chain saw. Sorry Beaker, you can't run the saw but you can swamp (move all the stuff out of the way). You don't have the proper clothing and equipment. You have to have a hard hat, hearing protection, eye protection, long sleeves, long pants, boots, gloves, and chaps.

9733_dscn2958.jpg

We have to clean up that mess? Let's get on it.

Since it was raining all day Henery and me spent the day in the Navy way!
First we had a cup of coffee because I start the day at 0430.
cameradnload004.jpg

After some conversation, I found that Henery Is VERY patriotic and wants to help in any way!
cameradnload006.jpg

So, to find his abilities, I gave him an aptitude test. I found he is perfectly suited to be a Tomahawk Cruise Missile Pilot!
cameradnload007.jpg

Here he is after final qualification!
cameradnload005.jpg

Here we are after a long Navy Day!
cameradnload009.jpg

More tomorrow!

HOLY COW!!!!! 3 Mascot photo journals in ONE day!!! I am crtain that has not happened before in the history of this thread!!! OMG!! I am on Mascot overload, how absolutely AWESOME!!!!!

Seismic Wonder, how incredible that patriotic Henry can help out with the warheads, lol!!! Glad he is on ourside!!!! I think he is one of the most well traveled Mascots thanks to Oblio taking him overseas. Great pictures, thank you so much!!!!

David, you live in such a beautiful place, I hated you left NC but I guess you did find a spot that was really worth the move, lucky Beaker to have all that gorgeous scenery..even if he has to earn his keep and clean up, lol!!! Thank you sooo much!!!!

Graceful Bantams...I think the fellow BYC interactions with our Mascots ...when you all run into other BYCers..are the most interesting!!...more bang for the buck that way!! Very nice to meet the others and thank you a huge amoutn for taking that big spoiled frizzle into the Chickenstock!!!

You all probably should just chill with those Mascots until the first of the year and then mail them out them, they won't get anywhere before then anyway with the holiday mail and it will keep you from having to stress over getting them out and standing in looooooong lines to mail..just wait, no worries at all, thank you so much for all the sharing you and others have done this year with the Mascots..really fun for the rest of us and sooooo much appreciated!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
And while Henry sits on the warhead,
wondering if he should fire,
Seismic is teaching him horrid,
poetry making him expire!!...... ok, yours was way better than mine, lol!!! Poor Henry, lol!!!!

Mudhen, thanks
D.gif

Scrambled Egg, I was expecting some strange looks for carrying a stuffed chicken around in a bag (no offense to Fancy!), but the only remarks were "How cute! Where did you get that?" and then I got to tell them about this great site
big_smile.png

We actually got to meet and talk to even more BYCers, I just did not think fast enough to get her picture taken with each of them before we ran off
lol.png

I am sure Fancy won't mind the layover until the new year
wink.png
smile.png

Scrambled Egg, I was expecting some strange looks for carrying a stuffed chicken around in a bag (no offense to Fancy!), but the only remarks were "How cute! Where did you get that?" and then I got to tell them about this great site

LOL!! Someone on this site posted about carrying their real chicken in a pcoketbook into a store and no one said a word!! Guess a fat frizzle is nothing after that!!
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom