THE BYC TRAVELING MASCOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Biz, that may be a better approach, being very straightforward and more harsh up front..think about it and if you want it, it's yours
smile.png

Lori, I hope you all are able to move forward in a positive way soon, it does take time
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Bell, I am sorry too that you didn't a Mascot, I think you would be a really fun host!! Hopefully you will get another opportunity though
wink.png

So no takers yet on the offer?? It is a pretty big committment so do think it over, means being on the forum enough to keep up with the effort, means "nagging" folks to move the Mascots along, means keeping a record of the addresses so the current host will have someone to mail off to, means posting on the thread to keep it active and interesting, means a bit of monitoring to make sure you know about where they are, means keeping an eye out for people to not do gross and nasty and even disgusting things with the mascots for this family friendly site..and we all know there are those folks,means being on the forum long enough to know the BYC speak and having some familiarity with the other posters and them you, means, obviously buying some new mascots since all the old ones are stolen/mia, means basically being responsible to this project and keeping it going......sooooo, anyone interested????? Chirypy?? Cetawin??? Bizzy??? Yappy??? Mahonri??? Nails????Miss_Jayne???Jenn'sPeeps???Canning Squirrel???English Chick?? other forum old-timers????

I think whoever steps up will have a final approval from Nifty before I hand it over totally, just because it feels like the right thing to do and also becasue I would have no way of knowing if someone had a history of warnings on the forum......so if interested, please say so and if Nifty gives a nod, it's yours:)

Last edited:
I can't do it, sorry. I'd get stressed like you. Sometimes people are just SO INCONSIDERATE!

a couple of options..... Have only one mascot. (we do this on a fishing site (NAFC)with a tie that looks like a fish. It has been moving for at LEAST 5 years now) I even wrote about it and they featured it in the North American Fisherman's Club Magazine.

n820774297_1526617_53687.jpg

Or, have a thread where people can make their own mascots. ( We did this at my house once with a silly clown doll one year. when we went camping, or visit out of state family, or went on vacation, we took him. My oldest hates him, that's how it got started!)

Here is HAPPY and Shauna at Hardees in Virgie Ky.

2386_53476829297_820774297_1317391_2631963_n.jpg

Here is Hubby and Celeste fishing with Happy at Lake Hopatcong...

n820774297_1317484_4660503.jpg

get the idea?

Last edited:
SE - Thank you for even thinking of me to take on this HUMONGOUS project and I've actually given it some serious thought. But, I realize that I could not do it justice right now in my life. In all honesty things are just so on edge here financially that we are always a few weeks away from having our electric turned off - which would be the end to our computer/access.

There are some great people here who would do a superb job at this... hopefully they will step up - maybe two people could co-chair?

I do think that, unfortunately, pre-paid postage and real phone numbers (have the person in charge actually call and talk to the next person before the mascot is even sent) might be the only possible way of making this work.

OR, have people actually 'pay' for the mascots before getting them - I mean actually pay $30 or something to the person in charge. Then, when they send that mascot to the next person they get their money back. I realize that that would be cost prohibitive for some people (like me) who don't even have $30 to send for a short time period but it's an idea.

Our family has had such fun with the mascot thread and my kids play with Popper (under mom's watchful eye as he's very special to us and we don't want anything to happen to him) all the time and like to keep up with Pippi and the others. It's been a sad lesson for them to learn that there are always people who will purposely mess up anything in life.

I too wish I could jump in and take over for you. You've done an awesome job and deserve a break. It's just way more than I can handle too. Please know I did think it through carefully before replying.

has any one gotten fancy yet?? i sent her on a long time ago.. well actually my mother did. i was having alot of medical problems.. and told her to send her to (this adress) so she took fancy and her stuff in the box up to portland..
hmm.png
she said she sent her.. but now im starting to wonder. omg. OMG. if she didnt send her, oh this si horrific! i really hope seh sent her !
sad.png
i believe she was sopose to go to karanleaf, oh SE, i am so sorry for everything that is going on with this, i know i have contributed to all that stress.. and i am truly truly sorry
hit.gif
this is upseting. i need to go call my mother .

u are a wonderful woman SE.
hugs.gif

my mother said that she still has fancy. thank god ! i was scared she got lost in the mail! she is gonna send me a picture since she i havent put one up yet, i cant beleve she didnt send her! i even gave her 10 bucks to ship her! she will go out tomorrow
smile.png
karan ? i dont think she has your adress anymore. can u pm me?

oh and guess what.. im sick again.
th.gif

u are a wonderful woman SE.

my mother said that she still has fancy. thank god ! i was scared she got lost in the mail! she is gonna send me a picture since she i havent put one up yet, i cant beleve she didnt send her! i even gave her 10 bucks to ship her! she will go out tomorrow karan ? i dont think she has your adress anymore. can u pm me?

oh and guess what.. im sick again.

Thank you sweetly!!!! Now if recovering the rest were as easy!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I have heard through the grapeviine that Henry and now Fancy and Beaker .....ARE ALL ON THE MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

If we can round up the rest of them, that fact and a vodka cooler would just about be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom