The Chick Inn is finally complete

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Surferjo, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Surferjo

Surferjo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2013
  2. XtremeRooster

XtremeRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice coop!

1 person likes this.
  3. Iwonderwhy

Iwonderwhy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2012
    La Pine, Oregon
    Wow! Very nice!

4. chynasparks

chynasparks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    Yes, very nice. Love the color, the design, and your landscaping around the coop.

5. Surferjo

Surferjo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2013
    Thanks. I figured the drainage stones would make it easy to hose the area around the coop down.

6. chynasparks

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    Well, it's pretty AND functional. Cool. Right after we got our house, hubby poured a concrete slab. He was going to put a shed for the mower and stuff. County was real quick to see that and our property tax went up $10! Just for the slab. Hubby decided no shed after that. We just put a picnic table on it. So, we decided to put the coop on it, takes up 1/3rd of it. It's screaming DECORATE ME. There's so many creative people on this forum, I look at lovely pictures yet I can't come up with ideas. :-(

7. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I think chickens scream "old fashion" so I would look on craigslist, ebay etc for old advertising signs that relate to poulty, old wooden chicken coops that can be propped up on the side and the place potted plants on. Old wooden feeders make great accents as well.
    Take your time and don't "settle" for something you are not "crazy" about. HAVE FUN!!

1 person likes this.
  8. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    WTG! Good job looks great.[​IMG]

9. chynasparks

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    Great ideas, thanks a bunch. Hubby likes old fashioned too so he would appreciate stuff like that. You kn, in case he gets kicked to the coop LOL

10. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    Jelly! I love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by