The chicken medicine cabinet. Help create a helpful thread!

Thanks so much!

This string has been great! I am a six year back yard chicken owner, and just posted a thread about how one of my chickens was attacked by a raccoon last night. Now, I need first aid bad! These remedies are great! I'll be using neosporin until she settles down and the risk of shock is gone. Then we're off to the feed store to stock up on some of the more bird appropriate antibiotics.

She's injured pretty badly around her face, cockles, waddles and neck. But none seem to be deep and penetrating. I think we got her in the nick of time before the final bite was administered.

Thanks so much!

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Jody, what is the copper sulfate used for?

Shoot, I forgot all about the Polyvisol... I just added that to the arsenal.
tongue.png

Don't forget Polyvisol WITHOUT IRON!​

Great thread. I am putting together an emergency kit and am wondering which is the best broad spectrum antibiotic to dose in an emergency situation when you are not sure what the problem is but want to get them on something broad spectrum right away?

Thanks!

Is there a numbing agent for dealing with injuries? I have Metacam but would like to clean out a foot wound that is very tender - my hen will not tolerate it. And another vet bill isn't possible right now. Ugh...the first vet visit didn't cure the bumblefoot.
hmm.png

Hello guys I'm sorry I don't know the answers to your questions but I"m giving this thread a bump. If you can't get an answer fast enough you may like to post a new thread to get direct attention.
I believe bumblefoot can come back 1. if it didn't heal all the way 2. Or the chicken got another cut that got infected with bumblefoot.
I hope someone can answer your questions and hope your chickys will get better!

Just want to say a huge Thank you to chickn (Post 18)
I have been looking for a natural way to treat chickens of worms
big_smile.png

Thank you!! xD

Hubba & I were just discussing stocking a small med cab for the chooks. I hope to have them the 10th of June, so I have a couple weeks to start stocking. THNX to all!

Back
Top Bottom