the chicks are here!

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
my first order of chicks! ordered 25 cornish X from McMurray.

post office called at 3:30 a.m. and zoom i went to Lapeer. aka 'town'. amazingly, i remembered shoes and clothing and looked pretty decent! my 10 yr. old was ready to assist and helped count. i believe i received 27 total.

home, watered and fed. only one casualty thus far. one was pretty much DOA. others eating and drinking well. will post pics when fully awake!
big_smile.png
glad i made cinnamon rolls yesterday so all i have to do is bake them this a.m. oh, it is a.m.!

8 weeks till dinner!

next batch of cornish X and mixed layers arrives in 3 weeks...i may need therapy by then!

and the crazy is on!

Congrats on the new babies they will be Delish!..lol

And gosh they sure let you know early in the morning..lol

Can't wait to see pics!

hey Mark...thanks. i was info'd when i picked up it's 3:30, 5:30 or 10:30 a.m. she felt bad waking us. i was glad, better than throwing them in a corner or the other horror stories we hear. we have great postal service here.

this is the part when i wish the cinnamon rolls were already hot and covered with icing...

Welcome
smile.png

And yea when you put it that way.. it was a very good thing then..lol i wish we all had postal service like yours then..
smile.png

Now i want cinnamon rolls..lol
he.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
i wonder if they would still be hot when they got to Maryland? my postal service may not be THAT good!
big_smile.png
they are rising up like crazy and loaded with cinnamon and sugar. my neighbor says Cinnabon has nothin' on me...

cinnamon buns and chickens. ha.

he.gif
if only the local store here open an hour early!!
lol i so wish the postal was that good i can taste them now
barnie.gif

cinnamon buns and chickens.
lol.png

haha
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

If only i could reach through my screen..lol

I'm buying me some Cinnamon rolls when the store opens ... i have to..lol

They look Delish already yum!

Quote:
are you taking the cinnamon rolls or the chicks???
big_smile.png

my dumb question...is it normal for them to just flop down and sleep???? my other chickens were all 'started' so, i have no experience in this part of the process. want to keep them happy and healthy...i smell cinnamon buns.

Back
Top Bottom