The chicks have arrived!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by equine chick, May 8, 2007.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    My postoffice just called at 530 am they are here! I ordered from meyer hatchery and they were shipped at 100pm yesterday. I did not expect them to possibly tonight or tomorrow am. I was afraid to ask if they were okay, but i could hear them peeping in the background so i'm hopeful. I only orderd two marans, i'm hoping at least one made it.

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Congrats!![​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Woohoo!! Babies in the house! [​IMG] Cant waite to see pics! (hint hint)

5. jag

jag Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Maine
    Yay EC!!! Can't wait to see them! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Did they only ship you the two marans and that's it??? Don't give me any ideas. [​IMG] I really, really want some marans.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    They are here!!! All survived and doing very well. When i got there, there were 3 post office clerks peeking in the box. They are all eating and drinking and pooping. They gave me one extra, they put a mark on the head and i think it's either a delaware or buff orpington roo. I only have one roo right now a 7 week old rir but he's very calm from me handling him so much over the last couple of weeks. I will try to post pics later, but a word of warning they are almost too cute for the human eye, especially the marans.
    Hey jag- they will ship a min of 3, surcharge of 20.00 for the special heating pad. Jag they are just the cutest, i wish i got more.
    They are so calm even the brown leghorn pullets, i just love them all!!!
    Here is what i got though, 25 pullets, one suspecting roo.
    4 brown leghorns, 3 buff orpingtons, 3 gold laced wyandottes, 2 delaware, 2 cuckoo marans,4 gold stars sexlinks, 4 black australops, 4 americaunas.
    I also have 2 18 month doms, 7 weekers barred rock pullet, 1 americauna pullet. Last week i bought 13 two week old americaunas pullets.
    I will probally be having eggs coming out of my ears, but i don't care i really love all my chicks.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  7. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Quote:I am sooo jealous. I have (2) week old pullets and I want more! I'd also like a maran or two...

Congrats on the new babies!

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Calm Leghorns!!! Nahhh!!! No such thing!
    We need pics!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by