The Chicks have Started

chicken_crazy93

Songster
9 Years
Oct 24, 2010
Mascot
Entering the world a day early. About three weeks ago one of our wonderful members, KellyG, sent me & my Son some EE eggs. Some of you may remember the kindness she showed us after us losin our hatch due to the power goin out. Well, here are the first two that hatched today, a day early & we have three more that have pipped as of 5min. ago. These are fresh out of the bator & 3hrs. old. One is a Banty that came from our stock & the bigger one is from KellyG. Hopefully more pictures to come.
70399_baby_ee_chicks_3hrs_old_2_21_2011.jpg

Wow, you took 'em out of the incubator that early? I'm afraid to do that! I let them stay in there overnight to fluff up and get real active. But that's just me, perhaps I'm an over-anxious chick mom.

But gosh they're cute!

Well, I usually let them stay a little longer but the humidity spiked up to around 94% & I thought it was best to pull them & get them under the brooder lamp. I've got it back down to 80%, do you think I should put them back in the bator?
Quote:

Wow, that's a little early for me, I usually let them dry in there, I'm afraid they might catch a cold, they look kind of wet to me, how are they doing?
mascotte, is this in FL?

No, it's Mascot, TN. in East TN. I just went back in to check on them & they're dry & startin to fluff up & look like they're doin great & checked the hatch bator & a yellow/white EE'er has just entered the world. If I can keep the humidity down to 85% or lower I will leave them in there but I think they are more likely to get sick or drown when it's up in the middle 90's. I have both plugs pulled on the hatch bator. Goin back in, will keep ya'll posted. And Thank you for the quick reply's.
Quote:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom