1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Chook Cabin

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 12 Acres, Apr 6, 2008.

1. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    I think I'm too late to enter it into the coop contest, but here it is nonetheless. I posted it in my blog, located here . I'm relieved it's finally built and I'm sure my DH is too. He did the majority of it while I was at work. All that's left to do is buy the fencing material and place the feeders and such where I want them inside the coop. DH chose the color and also there is scalloped trim on either side, although it's hard to make it out. He said he wanted it to look like a Bavarian dollhouse and I said "Go for it!" [​IMG]

2. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I like it. It is very nice.

3. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    Very nice coop! I love all the attention to detail. The design above the front door is cool!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gorgeous! Just beautiful. Nice color, too.

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Great job! I know your chicks will love it!! Thanks for sharing. Dixie

6. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Terrific job!!! [​IMG]

BTW, it's not too late to enter the coop contest...Nifty hasn't come up with a date, yet. [​IMG]

Dawn

7. 12 Acres

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    Thanks, all. I will set up a BYC website for it tonight and enter it in the contest then. I thought it was over but I was wrong. [​IMG]

8. 12 Acres

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
  9. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Amy, your coop is fantastic! Jim did a great job and I love the color, very cheery! The chooks will love it!

10. Texas Fluffy Feet

Texas Fluffy Feet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Arlington, TX
    Beautiful! I think you guys did an awesome job and the price is certainly right! Post more pics when you get your chickies in there. I always love the pictures of the little babies running in the big coops, they remind me of little kids dressing up in grown up clothes. [​IMG]

[​IMG] I give you extra applause for having your coop done before you even have your chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by