The Cochin Condo - Edited 10/23/11 - DONE (enough)!

Reyvaughn

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northeast Pennsylvania
This project started around June 26th and here we are, almost two months later and I am finally going to post it on the forum because we are almost done!

The story is on my BYC page, along with more pictures and a half of an explanation as to why it's just not to this stage. I'll give you the gist of it quickly, though. I got three Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins as a start to my own project from Erin (Msbear) on June 18th. I took my time drawing out coop options and finally came up with a 4x8 double coop to house my Cochins. It started with a 18" high run on the ground, a 2' to almost 4 1/2' inside area. I then added a half 2nd floor and placed the roost bar higher than that for a total of 4 levels. The entire build is a little over 6' with enough room for about 8 or 9 bantam Cochins on each side. I will eventually be building 4x8' runs to attach to the front of the coop.

I am down to attaching the roofing, making the side doors, attaching wheels and hardware, attaching hardware cloth to the bottom and painting! There are some other small things I should do, like raise the inside ramp edges to keep the bedding in. I should also make a small edge on the 1/2 floor to keep bedding up there, too.

Here's the most up to date picture, taken about 4hrs ago!

82238_000_0003a.jpg

We're so close! I can't wait to get the Cochins in it!

celebrate.gif

Last edited:
looks great.... and I completely understand how things can take longer than they should...but your reward will be sweet!
yippiechickie.gif

OMG - 3 months and 18 days later...

IT'S DONE!
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
D.gif

Here's the interior now that's it's done:
82238_000_00001.jpg

And here's the way I decided to do the doors:
82238_000_00000.jpg

* Please see my BYC page to see the rest of the pictures! *

I will be putting plastic over the screen in the winter. Of course, I plan on making plywood inserts that will be held in with the screen window/door twist things I am using on the doors now. I just don't have the plywood to tackle that at the moment.

I need an ice, cold beer...

Back
Top Bottom