The color of your EE's

Quote:
How old is it?

My guess was around 8 weeks or so when I bought it, but I'm no expert and you know how feedstore folks are on info for the birds they sell. We've had him or her for arond a month and it looks pretty much the same just a little bigger.

I have 3 EE's from McMurray, and 2 are the brown/gold partridge that appear to be very common (though they lay me beautiful green eggs!), and I have one white, similar to a wheaton gold laced, but her coloring is not very distinct. She started by laying a beautiful sky blue egg, but after about 6 weeks of laying, they turned to nearly the same shade of green as the others. I can tell all eggs apart though, so they do have distinct colors.

It sounds like McMurray needs to mix up their batch a little, huh?

Quote:
How old is it?

My guess was around 8 weeks or so when I bought it, but I'm no expert and you know how feedstore folks are on info for the birds they sell. We've had him or her for arond a month and it looks pretty much the same just a little bigger.

It's a she.
smile.png

Quote:
this is weird, i have the exact same two hens in my yard the ee and the black ostralop. what kind or breed is the ee (gold and black).

Last edited:
Quote:

It's a she.
smile.png

What do you see that says hen? I'm hopeful. When I saw it at the feedstore, I didn't really care about the gender because I just thought it was so pretty. Now I'm hopeful it's a hen because I can't have any more roos.

Here's DS, Aimee, with one of our EE pullets, Runt (She's the tiniest of all!)
62442_picture_3831663.jpg

Waffle
62442_picture_3831654.jpg

Here;s the sweetest lil cockrel, Aspen (his coloring reminded me of the mountains) He's always jumping up for snuggles!
62442_menaspen.jpg

They're all from Ideal, hatched 8/25. I got a decent color variety, I'm very happy with em!!
smile.png

Quote:
this is weird, i have the exact same two hens in my yard the ee and the black ostralop. what kind or breed is the ee (gold and black).

The EE in question is... an EE! Lol! I got all my chicks from My Pet Chicken. I had no choice as to what color EE I would receive. All I knew when I placed the order, was that 2 birds would be Easter Eggers. I believe Sassafrass has what is called "partridge" coloring (but I could be wrong). You can see all the breeds I got in my sig line. All ordered at the same time from the same hatchery. Lola doesn't have a beard/muff, but otherwise I am happy, as they are all healthy birds with a lot of personality. I can't wait to see what color eggs the EE's will lay. I'm hoping for blue or green.
smile.png

I got my 3 EEs from MPC, one was back, with the green sheen on her body and tail. Her breast feathers were back with white shafts. So pretty, laid a light aqua egg. She died from heat this summer. I still have 2 gray and taupe girls, only way I can tell on from the other, her dark gray head feather flip back from her face, where her sister's facial muff and beard are typical. The breast lightens from black, to taupe with gray lacing and by the time it is to her body, the feathers are taupe. The tail is black and grey. I will post picture one day soon. Sandy lays a almost pink egg, and Sandy Blue Egg, yes lays a blue egg.

I have 10 EE chickens (some pullets, some cockerals). They are from a local breeder and I do not know where he got his stock. I will have to ask him. I have 4 white, one partridge, 2 splashy ones, two black and white, one red and black, and one I can not fingure out who is left out. Here are some pics:

Black and White
57375_p1090069.jpg

Red and black
57375_p1090079.jpg

Other black and White with white in the background
57375_p1090064.jpg

A number of them all together roosting to see the color variation
57375_p1080826.jpg

Carol

Back
Top Bottom