The Columbian Wyandotte Fanclub

Mine came from IDEAL because apparently they're close enough to a BLR Cornish bantam to be substituted.

Just asking because I need to know what sexes they're looking like and have no clue how slow they develop.
Oh, okay.

Someone maybe able to help, I don't really have experience with Wyandottes.

Anyone here know about the bantam version?
I have friends who have the Bantam Columbian Wyandotte. You sex them the same way you do the large fowl.

Mine came from IDEAL because apparently they're close enough to a BLR Cornish bantam to be substituted.

Just asking because I need to know what sexes they're looking like and have no clue how slow they develop.
A lot depends on how old they are. The males develop more slowly than the females especially in their tail development. Their rose combs and wattles will pink up before the females. Look for spur buds on the little roosters. There will be black points on the cape and saddle feathers for the cockerels and round tips for the pullets.

I have friends who have the Bantam Columbian Wyandotte. You sex them the same way you do the large fowl.

A lot depends on how old they are. The males develop more slowly than the females especially in their tail development. Their rose combs and wattles will pink up before the females. Look for spur buds on the little roosters. There will be black points on the cape and saddle feathers for the cockerels and round tips for the pullets.
Okay. they're only 7 or 6 weeks old. I had no interest in this pattern so I never bothered to try and learn about it beforehand 😅

@NanaKat

Here are my 3 CWs. They are Hoover's Hatchery stock. How do they look SOP wise for being hatchery birds? Max has too much black, correct?

Lucy:
View attachment 2630033

Twix:
View attachment 2630035View attachment 2630037

Maxwell:
View attachment 2630038View attachment 2630039View attachment 2630040
Maxwell May very well be a Maxine....I’m seeing a lot of round tipped feathers...but time will tell. Has he tried to crow yet?

Very nice looking CW. And they appear to be a very nice size
You will see a difference in some of the color when your birds go thru their first molt between 8 months and a year of age.
Even if Max appears dark, when bred to your pullets you will get some nice color...especially with the first pullet that has lighter color.
They can have a little black in the white

A disqualification for showing in all Columbian color patterns would be
one or more solid black or brown feathers on the back,
15% or more dark spots or mossiness on the back or saddle on a male
or any dark markings in the cape of either the females or males
and any red feathers.

So I think you have a nice trio of CW.

Maxwell May very well be a Maxine....I’m seeing a lot of round tipped feathers...but time will tell. Has he tried to crow yet?

Very nice looking CW. And they appear to be a very nice size
You will see a difference in some of the color when your birds go thru their first molt between 8 months and a year of age.
Even if Max appears dark, when bred to your pullets you will get some nice color...especially with the first pullet that has lighter color.
They can have a little black in the white

A disqualification for showing in all Columbian color patterns would be
one or more solid black or brown feathers on the back,
15% or more dark spots or mossiness on the back or saddle on a male
or any dark markings in the cape of either the females or males
and any red feathers.

So I think you have a nice trio of CW.
If I look under other feathers, I can see some saddles coming in.

20210420_180800.jpg
20210420_180750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom