The coop is done! Pics and many thanks....

libbyhan

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
And the ladies are in (except for the 2 new bantams I picked up Friday). It still needs to be painted, but we are hoping that we might find some siding in a discount bin and we can insulate and side it at the same time. The roof is shingles.

6 standard chicks and 2 bantams will live in this 4X7 coop. We realize that it's a bit small, but didn't know if all the ladies would be with us till winter. Once we add the nest boxes (external- access to the left) and the new window!!!!, I think that it will be ok. We have recently attached a run (underneath and 6X4 out), but have been free ranging 8-10 hours a day in the fenced back yard.

55630_coopdone1.jpg

55630_coopdone.jpg

and inside:

55630_coopopen.jpg

and the new window (will go in the blank panel to the left of the doors)

55630_window.jpg

Not a great pic of the inside- we have 2 roosts by accident, really. We started off with a 3X4 and then put on the addition. Thanks DH!

55630_inside.jpg

We have insulation panels for the outside (the ceiling ones are up already) and panels for all the vents. We still have the heat lamp in because I am a wuss! The cage isn't in there anymore as we used it for our 2 EEs that were 3 weeks behind the big ladies. They were being picked on and I wanted them to have a place to go. They've seemed to work it out, even though they hang in 2 groups.

Goldfish wondering where the heck the treats are:

55630_goldfish.jpg

Thanks again for all the inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom