the coop is done.... picture heavy is an understatement

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Thundrr-Chicken, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Thundrr-Chicken

Thundrr-Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    ok the coop and run are done... we had quite the day at the florida chickenstock at nava and el wayandottes house today... came home and got some hardware put on so we could lock the girls up... its done... and we're done lol

hope you like it.. we love it... here we go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking!

2. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    awesome your girls are lucky you did great how is big is the coop and run i believe you have 22 chicks lol????

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. Just... WOW!

4. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    [​IMG] WOW [​IMG]
    [​IMG] good job [​IMG]

5. Artistic Visionz

Artistic Visionz Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Muskegon, Michigan
    Nice coop, I like that you left the tree for them to roost in.

6. Thundrr-Chicken

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    Quote:the coop is 9.5 x 6.5 ... the run is 14 x 16

as far as chickens go... i only have 14 out there right now... 5 rhode island reds... 3 delawares but one of them will be going back to the pamperedpullet because she... is a he lol... then we have 4 buff orpingtons out there... one americauna (sp) ... and one what i think is a white phoenix... we'll see... i have little chicks that arent really ready to go out yet... and i keep adding chicks... but these were my first chickens ever...

what we are doing is trying to figure out what breeds we like... we get rid of the boys and we will scale down the girls to get one or 2 of each breed that we are interested in... i know the math says about 15 to 20 total in the coop... and about 22 in the run... we have a few bantams that are just chicks... we'll see how everyone fits in... one thing i wont let them do is get too overcrowded... we'll make adjustments as we go... luckily.. especially after going to nava and el wyandottes chickenstock today.. we've met some really supportive byc people... the pamperedpullet .. eric and le.. have just been extremely nice to us as new chicken people... and we met a lot of really great people today... so i know if i get over my head with numbers there are people to either take the chickens... or help me with instructions on how to cook them up lol...

7. Thundrr-Chicken

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    Quote:yeah thats a sand pear tree... the fruit doesnt get very big for us.. they've never produced well.. we have another about 10 feet away from that one... so we cut it down to about 6 feet tall and enclosed it in... i hope they like it too...

8. paridisefarm2009

paridisefarm2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Hudson Florida
    Super Job !!! That is really awsome [​IMG]

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Wow! Lots of hard work! Looks great! I'm going to show these photos to the hubby and tell him to get to work! Well done!

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Very nice. I really like your pen too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by