doors and vents closed
88445_img_1311.jpg

doors and vents open there is an identical vent in the run
88445_img_1312.jpg

interior with roosts and poop boards
88445_img_1313.jpg

the run
88445_img_1314.jpg

nest box door open (still need to make nest boxes)
88445_img_1315.jpg

human size door to run area

things still to do :
put linoleum on floor of coop
make feeder to mount on backside of human door of coop
make nest boxes
run electrical to coop for lights
88445_img_1304.jpg

wait for these girls to get big enough to move in !
88445_img_1301.jpg

im helpin !!!

total cost $350 and two weeks of every spare moment i had !

Its beautiful! Looks a bit like what I have planned mine to look like. But now I'm wondering if my actually coop is too small! How many birds do you have and what are your coop (just the house part) dimensions?

the coop is 4ft x 4ft it is two feet off the ground the run is 4x8 i have six chicks 3rir 3 colombian rock

Last edited:
Oh it's Nice!!

So excited to see this b/c my DH is building one similar 4X4 with a 10X4ft run out, room under the coop, partially covered roof and door at the end...but now I'm kind of thinking I like the door at the side. Hmmm:confused:

Yep! Same here! Coop is planned to be 4x4, and either 2 ft off the ground or 18in. The entire thing is 4x12, the grass available underneath too.... I prefer 6 chickens but I'm aware of the way chicken math goes, so I'm doubling it to 12 and worried about the space when cooped up. I am now considering making the 4x4 coop be 4x5 or 6. Hubs suggests we just make two floors, each 2 ft with short roosts about 2in off the floors. I want large fowl so I'm not sure that is enough "head space".... but it would technically double the floor space inside. When equating space per chicken I've read its based on square footage, and he calculated it by the cubic footage. (Which to me made sense, when figuring in leveled roosts and such...)

I'm pretty confused!!! Love your coop and hope it works well!

Back
Top Bottom