The Coop Survived IKE!

aladatrot

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
LaPorte
Our cedar chicken coop survived hurricane Ike! I was so frightened about my animals that my neighbor and I went out during the eye of the storm. I was expecting the coop and my horse barns to be just gone. We lost 1/2 the roof on the main barn, the roof on the hay barn, the roof from a loafing shed, and all the animals were fine. The coop lost one board of cedar, and not one sheet of tin was ruffled on the roof. The gals kept laying right through the storm, and we all enjoyed fresh eggs even when no grocery stores were open. Saturday morning, my free ranging pet hog came home, the ducks, and all six of my pardoned meat birds. I don't know where they all went, but they came home with not so much as a scratch on them (the hog looked like she'd been pressure washed).

Please pray for the ones not so fortunate.

M in LaPorte

I am so glad that your family, animals included of coarse, made it through ok. You have some pretty good "girls" to keep making you breakfast through all of the chaos!

I am so glad you all survived and did well through Ike. I was praying for everyone down there! Seems like the prayers were answered for some.
I love it that all your animals came home and also survived well. It must have been a strong worry for you all, not only for just your home.

Good to hear that you and your critters made it through the storm. I live in California and can't imagine what y'all go through down there! Scares the dickens outta me!

Glad to hear that you made it through Ike ok with your family and critters all safe! I've been prayng for everyone down there! We had some winds from Ike all the way up here and it created some chaos for us... I can't even begin to imagine how much worse it would be to go through the actual hurricane. My heart goes out to you and all the others who went through hurricanes this fall as you begin to rebuild and try to return to your normal lives.

Glad you all made it through!
big_smile.png

we made it here in the Houston area. We got our lights and water back on after 10 days. Our birds never skipped a beat . I on the other hand, no water, no power after 10 days...yuck. Some of our birds just stayed behind the wind breakers my dh put up and were fine. Our coops made it fine.. our power poles not so well.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom