The Coturnix Incubation Starts!

Vampiric_Conure

Songster
Dec 9, 2021
Manitoba, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Well, technically it starts tomorrow, but I have 8 eggs I selected from the tray of eggs I bought from the Real Canadian Superstore. For those who missed it - I plan on doing an experiment with my cheap-o incubator. I have to calibrate the temp still, but this is what I have for when I set the eggs in the incubator:

Quail eggs incubator_Jan 19 2022.jpeg

I thought I would get the eggs tomorrow, but it turned out Instacart was doing grocery deliveries this evening. WHo am I going to complain about doing the eggs early? ? LOL! Now I pray that my plans work :)

Well, I've discovered one problem with my incubator- the temp is too low according to my back up thermometer! It hovers around 87-88 F. I've just covered half of it with a towel. Hope that perks it up a bit.

ETA: Turns out I had the incubator set too low. I've since increased the temp :) . Yeah. I'm an idiot, LOL!

Last edited:
hiya... ok.. soooo were those quail eggs you got in the fridge area? I'm in Canada too, and I'm not sure eggs that have been kept in the cold will hatch at all. I had gotten mine from a breeder using the same incubator as yours and only got 1 chick each time (aside from the first time which cooked them all

hiya... ok.. soooo were those quail eggs you got in the fridge area? I'm in Canada too, and I'm not sure eggs that have been kept in the cold will hatch at all. I had gotten mine from a breeder using the same incubator as yours and only got 1 chick each time (aside from the first time which cooked them all
Yeah, they were refrigerated. Hoping they hatch, even if it is one ^.^ LOL! Plan B is to get some hatching eggs from a local hatchery here in Manitoba :)

Back
Top Bottom