the 'crazy' neighbor DINNER DELIVERERED! ( pics of food!!!)

I would try pumpkin bread rather than pie, add some nuts, this goes farther at our house ad at church socials than pies do.Maybe add some raisins to, I do this to get my GGD to eat different things, as she loves nuts and will eat almost anything with them in it.So glad you got your duck back, marrie

Quote:
You know GOD does work in mysterious ways. Ya think he is giving you the open window? Would you have approached him otherwise. I'm just saying..........When God closes a door he opens a window.

if you dont think a pie will go over you could make a apple crisp with vanilla ice cream...i should probably go make one to make sure that it will taste good...

Last edited:
Quote:
You know GOD does work in mysterious ways. Ya think he is giving you the open window? Would you have approached him otherwise. I'm just saying..........When God closes a door he opens a window.

we have actually been thinking the same thing. this is the way i say that quip:

When God shuts a door, it's usually with a slam. When He opens a window, it may go up a little at a time.

so many times, we pray for others and ask God to help them, but He is waiting for us to be His hands and feet. this looks like we may have a chance to be a witness to them.

I'm with GreenThumb on this one. Have to give that a try soon. It is apple season, right?
D.gif

Quote:

we have actually been thinking the same thing. this is the way i say that quip:

When God shuts a door, it's usually with a slam. When He opens a window, it may go up a little at a time.

so many times, we pray for others and ask God to help them, but He is waiting for us to be His hands and feet. this looks like we may have a chance to be a witness to them.

I like the way you worded your quip.....that about sums it up most of the time....Good luck and I will be praying with ya!
hugs.gif

hey-thanks everyone!

Gloria...maybe we better make one of those apple crisps and we could 'taste test' it first?!?!

greenthumb89, now i have to make two desserts! not that we wont use them!!!
lol.png

i will receive that JMajors! where two or more are in agreement!

well, thank you everyone for the great ideas!

here is the dinner we went with (it's not the most beautiful presentation, but i wanted to make it easy for the mom to clean up.) we made the same for ourselves for supper and it was awesome! (used Frakenmuth Chicken Seasoning on the chicken.)

Roast Chicken, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes with the skins, Buttermilk biscuits, Corn and Pumpkin Pie!
tongue.png

12425_hpim0528.jpg

Back
Top Bottom