the 'crazy' neighbor DINNER DELIVERERED! ( pics of food!!!)

thank you all. the father just brought my platter back and he was very embarrassed about his home. i told him that all of us have a mess sometimes. it's not my place to make him feel bad about their life choices.

cjeanean...it doesn't matter where you COME from. all parents make good and bad decisions. i am not a perfect parent, wife or person. you are GRAFTED into a family that is more than perfect. God's family. God bless you and you when come visit Michigan again, my door is open!

MissPrissy....we all need a mom and grandmother in the neighborhood like that. i try to be an 'aunty' to many. thank you for the encouragement. my home is never perfect, but it is a home and welcoming. we hardly ever send a visitor away without something in their hands. and we will continue to pray over them and try to be an example.

Buckaroo, you are correct, we cannot do something that we haven't learned. excellent point.

these children just need so much. you should have seen their faces when they saw the food. i thought their eyes were going to pop out. and you couldn't have knocked the smile of the 9 yr olds face for anything. bittersweet.

I have been on both sides of this.

The home I grew up in was clean but my parents did not speak to each other for months @ a time. Main point of contention being that my dad worked ALL the time (build our house from scratch the only thing he did not do was dig the hole) & she wanted "standing" in the community/church & he was not available. When he did take time off he spend it with us boating & the like - not sitting in church. So this constant battle was raging during my entire life (it was a really big house when done).....Then they would make up for about a week then fight for a day then silence again. The neighbors kinda adopted me, I was just a little older then their eldest. A lot on in-fighting & "sides" taken. I remember telling Angela to tell her sister she could not play with us cause she was too young. Angela told me if she could not play with us then she would not play with me.
ep.gif
Family loyalty what is that? Named my daughter after her - constant reminder - Just cause your not born with it, doesn't mean it can not be acquired.

Other side being, after they divorced (your shocked - right?) my mother took my 3 younger brothers & sister across the border (from Canada into US), my older brother went to jail (older sister had moved out years before) my father is never home. So I adopted (they never "really" moved in just were there constantly) 2 girlfriends who's homes were exactly how you describe. I know it meant a lot to them that their dates would pick them up from a large, beautiful
well cared for home instead - & I am not exaggerating here - shacks. Once Collette even had a horse in her "house" when I visited.
ep.gif

Paying it forward really is the best part.

it's amazing what happens in our homes, isn't it?

my childhood was not wonderful by any means. there were great 'parts', but mostly, it was unstable and sad. i was alone, ignored, abused and more.

on the outside, it looked 'perfect', but my heart was sad, terrified and i had the worst self-esteem.

i am grateful every day that my husband is a shining example of a 'real' man. honest, hardworking, thoughtful, godlike, loving and more. i am grateful that i am grafted into God's family. without having that stability and getting my 'worth' from God, i would be a wreck.

hopefully, the good that comes from our situations enable us to help those who suffer the same type of situations. for me, it all will be to the glory of God. my trials have given me the opportunity to become matured in areas i would never understand or have compassion for.

i'm on a mission to help! i cannot fail! and with all of this encouragement from the BYC folks, i am sure to have the strength to keep going even when i feel that i may not be making a difference. thanks again all!

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you give". It make sound hookey but, I get up each morning with the goal of being the nicest person people meet. It comes back to you.

Back
Top Bottom