the 'crazy' neighbor DINNER DELIVERERED! ( pics of food!!!)

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
just went out to check on all the chickens, ducks and turkeys.

turkeys out in yard, chickens all over and a call duck missing! i don't know what came after these guys, but it was mayhem. everyone trying to get back over the fences! i was just out there an hour ago...what in the world?!?!
hu.gif

we searched high and low for the call duck with no success.
sad.png
i almost busted out crying.

we finally gave up and came in the house. i just stood in the living room praying, 'Please God show me where she is right now, please!"
hit.gif

looked out in yard, and here comes my (usually psycho, no joke, he's like a time bomb all the time!) neighbor and he yells, "you gotta black duck?" prayer answered!
big_smile.png

she was under his car about 2-3 acres away! he was super nice about it and his kids were so excited when i showed them how to pet her. honestly, if anyone would blow a gasket, it's him. he has anger issues and it's pretty scary sometimes. but, he was nice as pie!

i thanked them profusely and apologized for our animal being on his property. he said it wasn't our fault and he noticed we always keep the birds in the yard and it seemed odd. (am i glad he feels that way, we do try really hard to respect boundaries.)

he said that he saw weasels in his pole barn. i am guessing that might have been the predator. other neighbor said they had some in their yard also.

looks like i will be taking a delicious frozen chicken over to thank them. or maybe i will go the extra mile and make a big chicken stew! they went the extra mile for us!

Last edited:
I love hearing stories like that! I am so glad you got your duck back! That was really nice of him. It is amazing how some people will surprise you, if given the chance. Awesome ending!
big_smile.png

I love hearing about good neighbors. I'm so glad that this guy did the right thing and showed that people can surprise us.

Congrats on you taking them a yummy meal too. That's a wonderful gesture!

we have really been praying for that family. there is all kinds of crazy going on there. looks like they may be getting some help. that would be wonderful.

any ideas on a good dessert to go with chicken stew? i am not a GREAT baker, but i make awesome bread, so i will probably throw that in too! any ideas would be great. i want to foster their good gesture and show them the same courtesy they showed us.

Back
Top Bottom