The Dailey's Coop Almost Done

Fantastic! Those girls are living high on the hog!
smile.png

Quote:
The original picture at the top of the page is from popularmechanics.com site.. and it was a 10x12 with the 8x10 storage/woodshed.
We decided to make the hen side (left) 12x16 and the storage side 11x12. If you can build it yourself and can find free stuff like windows , barn wood, my hubby pours concrete, and I just called and found things on sale.. We built it for around 1500.00. I got the wallboard for 7.oo a sheet, not 20.00 like at lowes.

Its a 9/12 pitch roof , found shingles for $15.00 bundle instead of 30.00 and it took about 17 bundles. These are 8 foot tall side walls and probably would have looked better with 7'. Live and Learn.
Feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Oh, that's beautiful! Well worth the money spent, especially if hubby has a slim chance of using part of it in the future! LOL!
You're making me think I should build a whole shed with storage, etc., rather than just a coop.
When I was done drooling over your chicken house, I went to your web site and drooled all over your poodles!
droolin.gif

You can go ahead and ship me that little male with the white chin...!
love.gif

Last edited:
Your coop is beautiful! That's the one I wanted but husband didn't want to get the building permit and property tax increase (not fun around here!)

Do your poodles want to eat your chickens?

Here are my 5 little ones. They eyes glow because they are only angels when they sleep! They want to eat my chickens!

31358_poodles.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom