The Deerman Plan for 2012

Well Burt WHERE'S THE PICTURES ALREADY! LMAO!
yesss.gif
lau.gif

Glad to hear you're back "in business", Deerman!
thumbsup.gif

I've heard that a peahen will lay the same size egg every time, and that once you know for sure which bird laid it, you can measure the eggs and know which bird laid which egg. Anyone else heard this?

I had an idea once. Make a big pen with a few sections, say three, divided by wire. But the wire only goes up to the max height a peacock can jump. Then put a wire/netting roof over so that birds can fly from each section to the other ones. Then simply clip the hens wings and put one in each section but leave the males wings unclipped so he can fly to and mate with all the hens but so the hens have to stay in their section and you know which hen laid which eggs.

Fellow BYC friends

I wanted to share with you that the Deerman plan for 2012 is still going to move forward as Deerman had planned. Deerman and I were working together this year to breed the peach SP cock he had. I had peach BS split pied hens (that I got from Burt two years ago) that I brought down and we were working with. It was a simple agreement between friends, as he was one of my best, in peafowl and out. I now have the original group that we were working with and have penned them up so we can see what we would have gotten. It was quite the discussion topic for us and great fun. I will keep everyone posted on the progress of what Deerman had planned for 2012. Wanted to follow through on something that our great friend had high hopes for.

Fellow BYC friends

I wanted to share with you that the Deerman plan for 2012 is still going to move forward as Deerman had planned. Deerman and I were working together this year to breed the peach SP cock he had. I had peach BS split pied hens (that I got from Burt two years ago) that I brought down and we were working with. It was a simple agreement between friends, as he was one of my best, in peafowl and out. I now have the original group that we were working with and have penned them up so we can see what we would have gotten. It was quite the discussion topic for us and great fun. I will keep everyone posted on the progress of what Deerman had planned for 2012. Wanted to follow through on something that our great friend had high hopes for.
clap.gif

Fellow BYC friends

Thank you so much for letting us know the "Peach Dream" still lives on! Looking forward to you keeping us posted on progress!!! You rock!

Its good to see someone is continuing his plans. I cant claim to know Burt very well, but from what I know from on the forum I'm sure he would be very happy someone is carrying out his plans.

Please, please keep us posted on Deerman's Plan for 2012. We are all interested in Burt's and your project, and would love updates! Heck, the first-hatched male could be named after Burt. And if we're real creative, we can figure out a way to name ALL the chicks after Burt. This is a truly special project to all of us who admired him and sought his advice and guidance. It's almost like a "group project", you know? We were all so excited to hear Burt's enthusiasm because we knew he was very sick. This venture got his juices going. And now it's got ours. Thanks so much, 6littlechickies!

Back
Top Bottom