The Deerman Plan for 2012

Fellow BYC friends

I wanted to share with you that the Deerman plan for 2012 is still going to move forward as Deerman had planned. Deerman and I were working together this year to breed the peach SP cock he had. I had peach BS split pied hens (that I got from Burt two years ago) that I brought down and we were working with. It was a simple agreement between friends, as he was one of my best, in peafowl and out. I now have the original group that we were working with and have penned them up so we can see what we would have gotten. It was quite the discussion topic for us and great fun. I will keep everyone posted on the progress of what Deerman had planned for 2012. Wanted to follow through on something that our great friend had high hopes for.
I am SO thrilled that you are continuing his work! Please keep us posted as to how it goes!

This week i have found my self feeling pretty sad sometimes i enter the peafowl forum.
I Miss deerman and all his knowledge and input and i can see that others are also, it feels like there is no one to look up to anymore, i am not saying that others are not helpful but some of us just lack the years of experience deerman offered and we all knew it wan't cause he was not trying to be a know it all cause he read something on the net, he knew theses birds first hand.

I just wanted to say i miss you man and if you are reading this will you please tell my peas to stop chasing the cow birds, that bird is gonna lead them to the wrong side of the tracks.
barnie.gif

Thanks for letting me vent.
ZAZ

This week i have found my self feeling pretty sad sometimes i enter the peafowl forum.
I Miss deerman and all his knowledge and input and i can see that others are also, it feels like there is no one to look up to anymore, i am not saying that others are not helpful but some of us just lack the years of experience deerman offered and we all knew it wan't cause he was not trying to be a know it all cause he read something on the net, he knew theses birds first hand.

I just wanted to say i miss you man and if you are reading this will you please tell my peas to stop chasing the cow birds, that bird is gonna lead them to the wrong side of the tracks.
barnie.gif

Thanks for letting me vent.
ZAZ
Hey -- he's still with us in spirit. I just know he's up there laughing at our pea-adventures. When I think of how bad he knew I wanted a white pea & here I have two right now- he must've been throwing some "white vibe" lightning bolts down on my birds, lol! I am so proud of my two boys he sent me.

I do appreciate all of the advice, experience & knowledge that the breeders here share with us. Every one of you brings something uniquel to this forum & helps me understand & appreciate these special birds.

You're right, Zaz. It's not quite the same, is it? For the last few years, every time I came to the forum I looked for deerman's posts first. His knowledge was encyclopedic. He taught a lot of us, didn't he? And when someone asked a really tough question, we all waited for the first post from deerman because we didn't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. He would know what to say and what advice to give, or what further questions to ask. Most of the times when I see the fawns in our front yard, I think of him. But TerriLaChicks is right on the money - deerman will always be with us in spirit. And he'll be workin' his deerman magic and we'll get to hear the results of his Plan for 2012. And I bet he'll be smiling.

Funny you mentioned the deer, I wonder what everyones first thought was when i posted on his thread and they saw those deer, i saw them pop up a while back and i got that funny feeling in my chest like i was gonna cry.

There are alot of good knowledgeable folks here, i guess i kinda pick one person to look up too , now i have an empty spot.
th.gif

Would the folks that have Birds that belonged to Burt and are hatching eggs from them please post the photos fon this topic as a tribute to him.
PLEASE
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom