The Deerman Plan for 2012

Zazouse, good idea. I'd love to see pictures of Deerman's peafowl. This thread could even continue with pictures of future chicks and adults. I see you are in Southeast Texas. Where? I'm about 30 miles north of San Antonio in Spring Branch, TX.

Everytime I read a new posting on here tears swell up and sometimes flow. Deerman had recently posted with me regarding the new Loud Pied White-Eye I purchased. I'm repeating practically daily telling people I may get some White-Eye chicks with any hen I breed with him. I have 5 and feel I need to keep them until grown and see but have so many peafowl already, LOL!!!! I do miss the man so much. We all love you Burt!!

Zazouse, good idea. I'd love to see pictures of Deerman's peafowl. This thread could even continue with pictures of future chicks and adults. I see you are in Southeast Texas. Where? I'm about 30 miles north of San Antonio in Spring Branch, TX.

Everytime I read a new posting on here tears swell up and sometimes flow. Deerman had recently posted with me regarding the new Loud Pied White-Eye I purchased. I'm repeating practically daily telling people I may get some White-Eye chicks with any hen I breed with him. I have 5 and feel I need to keep them until grown and see but have so many peafowl already, LOL!!!! I do miss the man so much. We all love you Burt!!
I live outside a town called Mauriceville, the town has 1 grocery store,a post office the size of my kitchen a tire shop, ,a sonic,a dairy queen , a liquor store and multipal convience store.
How old are the birds you are speaking of?

I don't care for the white eyed but i think i got a pair now that they have featherd out, i may sell the pair later on as i would like to have some loud pieds, i thought this pair was going to have more white, shame they are so young cause that pair is actively breeding rite now.

This week i have found my self feeling pretty sad sometimes i enter the peafowl forum.
I Miss deerman and all his knowledge and input and i can see that others are also, it feels like there is no one to look up to anymore, i am not saying that others are not helpful but some of us just lack the years of experience deerman offered and we all knew it wan't cause he was not trying to be a know it all cause he read something on the net, he knew theses birds first hand.

I just wanted to say i miss you man and if you are reading this will you please tell my peas to stop chasing the cow birds, that bird is gonna lead them to the wrong side of the tracks.
barnie.gif

Thanks for letting me vent.
ZAZ

I have to agree, there are to many people on here anymore that thinks their experts but are a long ways away and are giving out BAD advice. Hatching out 2 or 3 peachicks don't make you an EXPERT we have been raising and breeding peafowl for 10 years and have hatch hundreds of peachicks and I'm no where near an expert because after all these years I'm still learning and will never know everything and those who say they do are liars because you will never know everything.

All this BAD ADVICE is why I don't get on here anymore, all these new peafowl owner look up to these people giving bad info because they don't know any better.

The main reason I joined this forum was to ask Deerman a question. I've only been raising peas for 7 years and I still consider myself a newbie. I'm still trying to learn the genetics, as are many others, but there are very few breeders who post on here that are qualified to answer the questions. I, for one, would appreciate your input as well as input from other breeders such as DM Farms and Connerhills. I know it's a busy time of year for everyone, but good information is hard to find and any help is appreciated by me and many others.
smile.png

Doug at DM Farm and I are pretty good friends, when I'm not for sure of something he is who I call on. Deerman also called Doug lot for advice on Peafowl, the reason most of us bigger breeders don't post on here much is because of the ones that don't really know anything always tells us that we are wrong all the time, there are smaller forums that I belong to with maybe 100 to 400 members with a lot of breeder knowledge on them this is one reason I belong to these other forums as well.

I've found that It's not always good to put all your eggs into one nest(forum), anything can happen....................

Sorry, I know this got off topic.

Deerman, we hope you have BIG PEAFOWL FARM........

Last edited:
OK, I know that I'm a completely unqualified newbie, but:
I'd like to jump in to support people who take their time to give advice to newbies on this forum, even if it is not always the world's best or most accurate advice.
Most of the people who give advice here don't claim to be experts; they state quite clearly that they are only recounting what they have done in a similar situation, and whether or not it was successful. They share their experiences in the hope of helping others.
Hopefully, people who post questions here or read the forum are adults with enough common sense to carefully consider the advice given and the source, and to use their own judgement.

There was only one Deerman.
When I saw any advice he gave here, I felt confident that it was 100% good and correct advice that came out of many years of experience, study, and hard work.
I think that everyone here feels the same about this, and that is one reason that we miss him.
But there are others here trying to learn and to share.
I'm guessing that Deerman would have wanted us to keep showing up here on the forum, and trying to improve ourselves and our care and knowledge of peas.
And I am also guessing that he would have wanted others who clearly have a lot of valuable knowledge (like you, Choctaw Valley Farm), to stick with us and try to help like he did, even if we have our flaws!

I'd like to jump in to support people who take their time to give advice to newbies on this forum, even if it is not always the world's best or most accurate advice.
Most of the people who give advice here don't claim to be experts; they state quite clearly that they are only recounting what they have done in a similar situation, and whether or not it was successful. They share their experiences in the hope of helping others.
Hopefully, people who post questions here or read the forum are adults with enough common sense to carefully consider the advice given and the source, and to use their own judgement.

When I saw any advice he gave here, I felt confident that it was 100% good and correct advice that came out of many years of experience, study, and hard work.
I think that everyone here feels the same about this, and that is one reason that we miss him.
I'm guessing that Deerman would have wanted us to keep showing up here on the forum, and trying to improve ourselves and our care and knowledge of peas.
And I am also guessing that he would have wanted others who clearly have a lot of valuable knowledge (like you, Choctaw Valley Farm), to stick with us and try to help like he did, even if we have our flaws!
Amen! could not agree more!

I'm not all that knowledgeable I just do what works for me and that's it. If someone ask me for help I try if I can, if not I will send them to someone who may be able too.

X 3!!!

I'm not on here as much since I went back to work but I gotta tell you Steve, I miss your posts! Please don't be a stranger here, and try to ignore the folks arguing. Just act like they aren't even there. I know that you say you aren't an expert but you know way more than I do! I have told folks the same thing when talking about turkeys. That when we are too comfortable with our knowledge, the critters will show us how much we don't know. We learn from our own situations and learn from others. I am very grateful to those who post about problems as well as those who help out. The information is priceless to me.

X 3!!!

I'm not on here as much since I went back to work but I gotta tell you Steve, I miss your posts! Please don't be a stranger here, and try to ignore the folks arguing. Just act like they aren't even there. I know that you say you aren't an expert but you know way more than I do! I have told folks the same thing when talking about turkeys. That when we are too comfortable with our knowledge, the critters will show us how much we don't know. We learn from our own situations and learn from others. I am very grateful to those who post about problems as well as those who help out. The information is priceless to me.
How true!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom