The Diva Photo Shoot!!!! My Chicken Children.......

Wow, those are pretty too!
My husband thinks silkies are cute, I think they look like cotton balls, lol.
Sugar ? So they react like humans to sugar? I think I will take her/ him to the yard by herself tomorrow and see how she does. I just don't want any of my animals to be in pain, ya know?

LOL, ya sorta

dont worry about the pain, when my rooster got in a fight and he was hakf bleeding to death DONT GIVE THEM ANYTHING TO PUT THEM OUT OF THE PAIN! DONT! NUHU, NAUGHTY NAUGHTY lol, I think its cause the pain keeps them in focus

I think if we have so many Roos we might just order some more, I love the second pic ! My husband wanted some that we're blue tipped
smile.png

Ya some blue laced red wyandottes, they are so pretty!

you should get some more breeds of chickens
tongue.png

Do most breeds do well together? Are ther any I couldn't put with wyandotte's

Well wyandottes are a dominate breed, LOL, meaning they will kinda be high on the pecking order. Breeds with top hats shouldnt be put with them. they might get picked on, but breeds like cochins, brahmas, austrolorps, jersey giants, leghorns, they are all pretty docile breeds. leghorns are amazing layers, with one setting a record for laying 371 eggs in 365 days
ep.gif
Cochins and Brahmas are meat birds, but very sweet and arent usually used as meat birds, austrolorps lay the most eggs for a breed, and jersey giants are a dual purpose (meat and egg laying, same goes for austrolorps)

oooweee, If you ordered sexed pullets, I would complain to the hatchery! Here's the ones that are looking roo to me...#2, #3, #4, #7, #9, #12, #15 & 10 is iffy.

You're scaring me! I just picked up 5 GLW's from the feed store today
hide.gif

I agree-lots look like roosters-look at the thickness of the legs also. I'm not seeing too many girls, sorry.

# 7 is my favorite, she/ he loves the camera and always follows the lens, that one has a great personality.
Once we pick out the 6 we are keeping, would you all help me name them? I'm so bad naming my pets. I could use some good ideas. I do wanna name one nugget though. I think that would be cute
smile.png

I have 3 cats. I let the kids name them. They are Stormy, Milkshake, and Bacon, lol.

number 4 is one of my favorites and it seems its a roo
sad.png
. You know as far as names go i still want to use a chinese menu....Sesame, General Tsao, Kung Pao, sweet and sour, Chop Suey, and of course Nugget!

Chicken Wifey, As for your chick that tried to play EVIL KENEVIL: keep it separated / warm and feed lots of high protien foods ie: mealworms / eggs / togurt / pedialyte w/o iron OR vitamin water [save-a-chick is one]. He might have just got the stuffing knocked out of him REAL GOOD or hit his little head...Just my thoughts on the matter....p.s. TONS of TLC too! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom