the dogs returned

chickenBlover

In the Brooder
May 21, 2020
The dogs appeared in our yard an hour ago and we have not seen them sence. After our last dog tradgety we decided to build our chickens a big run to enjoy, but not let them free range. So I saw the dogs at the end of the driveway and imeadily I was pannicking. After some time they dissapeared, but I am still ainxious they will return. We figure becasue they have gotten loose two times, they were either dumped off by someone who didnt want them, their owners are lettiing them loose, they can get past their electric fence, or they escaped once and have not been returned home. Our plan for if they return is: try to get the adress or phone # on ther collar (if they have on) it shouldnt be too hard because they are frendly to humans. and if that doesnt work we are going to shoot at the ground near them, just to scare them so they know NOT to come back. i really hate these dogs but i know its not their fault, its their instincts, and/or their owner's depending on what the situation is. Also we have a robins nest in a bush and its a clear veiw to it! I'm really exited, she has four eggs and I can't wait to watch her raise her babys!

The dogs appeared in our yard an hour ago and we have not seen them sence. After our last dog tradgety we decided to build our chickens a big run to enjoy, but not let them free range. So I saw the dogs at the end of the driveway and imeadily I was pannicking. After some time they dissapeared, but I am still ainxious they will return. We figure becasue they have gotten loose two times, they were either dumped off by someone who didnt want them, their owners are lettiing them loose, they can get past their electric fence, or they escaped once and have not been returned home. Our plan for if they return is: try to get the adress or phone # on ther collar (if they have on) it shouldnt be too hard because they are frendly to humans. and if that doesnt work we are going to shoot at the ground near them, just to scare them so they know NOT to come back. i really hate these dogs but i know its not their fault, its their instincts, and/or their owner's depending on what the situation is. Also we have a robins nest in a bush and its a clear veiw to it! I'm really exited, she has four eggs and I can't wait to watch her raise her babys!

Good luck on the dog situation. Sounds like you are keeping your chickens safe and have a game plan about the dogs. I sure hope they can be discouraged away and to not come back, just for your peace of mind. :fl

And how neat about the Robin's nest! I'd be excited too. :yesss:

I called the police on my neighbor when I saw the name on the collar and the police visited him and he kept his dogs up.
I also shot at the OTHER neighbor's dog when it was in my gravel driveway and the gravel hit it so it never returned.
I have since moved and will be using electric fencing for my new setup so I don't have to deal with stray dogs or stray coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom