The Duck Thread

No, a dot is not fertile.

A dot with a ring around it is fertile.

Ok! I was tripping because i don't have any drakes! I do have a feather footed sea bright rooster that thinks shes a hot mama tho and has been trying his best to mate with her but hes so little he can't do it right! Lmao! He tries with my CX too! I guess hes all about that bass! Lol! I have plenty of hens his own size but he likes the big birds! I really didn't think he could fertilize the ducks eggs! I had a friend tell me the other day that her granny incubated her ducks eggs and got ducklings and she didnt have a drake either only roosters! I was thinkin she just doesn't know what she's talkin about but then that had me wondering! Boy! Those would be some funny lookin babies! Lol!

Funny to think about but not possible because they don't have the same equipment. However a male duck can kill a hen trying that.

Yeah! I've heard that! Thats what scares me about getting a drake! If i was to borrow a drake and let them do their thing, would the next egg be fertile? & do they have to mate each day to get a fertile eggs each day! She lays one egg a day & i know she wants to mate or she wouldn't let the rooster try! Even if we touch her neck she drops to her chest and throws her bottom up in the air! Lol!

Yeah! I've heard that! Thats what scares me about getting a drake! If i was to borrow a drake and let them do their thing, would the next egg be fertile? & do they have to mate each day to get a fertile eggs each day! She lays one egg a day & i know she wants to mate or she wouldn't let the rooster try! Even if we touch her neck she drops to her chest and throws her bottom up in the air! Lol!
If everything is perfect then she would lay fertilized eggs for 5-10 days. However seldom is everything perfect.

If everything is perfect then she would lay fertilized eggs for 5-10 days. However seldom is everything perfect.

Well i think i might try in the spring! Im hoping she well set on em but i may have to incubate because shes kinda a busy body! It's so hard to tell with her because shes so motherly to the whole flock of chickens! I think she would make a great mom and would probably raise any babies as her own but sitting still is not her thing! Lol! Do they KNoW when their eggs r fertile and go broody? I've heard Pekins r an iffy breed for that! I just went out and let em all out of the coop since the rain slowed down for a bit and the rooster started scuffling...she was running round, breaking em up and scolding em! They all have their own clicks but stay fairly close to each other and she won't let them wander without her and if she senses danger, she will herd them all to safety!

It's been raining here in tennessee off and on all day today and is supposed to rain all week too! Maybe Oregon will get some of this round! It's supposed to be a big one although i havent actually watched the whole weather forecast to see how far its going!
All week? WOW, ours is supposed to move out of here today. Tanks are full and the ducks seem to be tired today, lol. They are all sleeping right now, lol.
fl.gif
for Oregon

I have a little wiener dog that thinks he patrols the place.
The little ones think they are the mightiest, lol. One of our French Bulldogs does not like our female Great Pyrenees and she charges her every chance she gets. It's hilarious.

Well i think i might try in the spring! Im hoping she well set on em but i may have to incubate because shes kinda a busy body! It's so hard to tell with her because shes so motherly to the whole flock of chickens! I think she would make a great mom and would probably raise any babies as her own but sitting still is not her thing! Lol! Do they KNoW when their eggs r fertile and go broody? I've heard Pekins r an iffy breed for that! I just went out and let em all out of the coop since the rain slowed down for a bit and the rooster started scuffling...she was running round, breaking em up and scolding em! They all have their own clicks but stay fairly close to each other and she won't let them wander without her and if she senses danger, she will herd them all to safety!
She sounds like a character. We had two Pekins go broody but I had to move their eggs to a safer locale and they abandoned the eggs
sad.png
Good luck if you do find a drake and get a broody.

All week? WOW, ours is supposed to move out of here today.  Tanks are full and the ducks seem to be tired today, lol.  They are all sleeping right now, lol. :fl for Oregon

The little ones think they are the mightiest, lol.  One of our French Bulldogs does not like our female Great Pyrenees and she charges her every chance she gets.  It's hilarious.

She sounds like a character. We had two Pekins go broody but I had to move their eggs to a safer locale and they abandoned the eggs:(   Good luck if you do find a drake and get a broody.

A character she is! Lol! Thanks! Guess who's outside in the pouring rain right now...

BOOTS! & why is he out in the pouring rain when all the other chickens r huddled up in the coop....

Cuz his girlfriend is! Lmao! The poor guys got it bad!

A character she is! Lol! Thanks! Guess who's outside in the pouring rain right now...

BOOTS! & why is he out in the pouring rain when all the other chickens r huddled up in the coop....

Cuz his girlfriend is! Lmao! The poor guys got it bad!

Awwh, that's precious! LOL

Im making a pumpkin pie with duck eggs! Cant wait to see how it turns out! Oh! & i took the chickens and duck the pulp, a few seeds, and the cooked skin of the pumpkin earlier! They all devoured it! The poor caged game rooster and his mama were crying for some while i was putting it out! They got some too! They just thought i was gonna forget about em! Wish i could let him out! I gotta come up with a better arrangement for him b4 it starts getting real cold!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom