The Duck Thread

How can I make my Mallard ducks not fly ?  

Clip their wings...

Oh they turn 6 months on the 15th. I can't wait for winter to be over though so they start laying. Here's a pic from last month :)

Beautiful ducks. Keep an eye out for eggs. I have a total of 20 adult females, various breeds but mostly Cayugas, and they tend to lay eggs year 'round. A lot fewer now that it is cold but I am getting 4-6 a day from my girls.

Beautiful ducks. Keep an eye out for eggs. I have a total of 20 adult females, various breeds but mostly Cayugas, and they tend to lay eggs year 'round. A lot fewer now that it is cold but I am getting 4-6 a day from my girls.

Thanks. And wow 20 ducks in general, I thought three was just enough they sure do love to give their opinions!
1f602.png
But I love them and my drake is such a sweet heart. Also they haven't even started laying and also I thought they wouldn't start laying because it's winter....

Last edited:
Thanks. And they haven't even started laying and also I thought they wouldn't start laying because it's winter....

:gig

That's what I thought... think this weird weather has affected most in odd ways, lol... I have Calls and one young duck started laying Christmas morning! :lau

Definitely keep your eyes open for them... pretty girls... :)

Back
Top Bottom