The Duck Thread

@Julie Bird @Miss Lydia @Debs Flock @WVduckchick
@Ren2014 @mischievouslady @jenniferlamar70

And anyone else I might have missed, sorry...

Update on Io and her eyes...

Io is pleased to let everyone who wished her well that her eyes are completely better now!! :celebrate
She is back to her happy, easygoing ducky self! :D

Irrigated her eyes with saline, then Vetericyn rinse, Ciprofloxacin eye drops and Terramycin/Erythromycin ointment treatments 3x per day fixed her up quick... just a bit of advice for anyone that might have an eye issue, plenty of flushes of the eyes is one of the best things you can do... Io was turning her head into the flushes by day 2... :)

Oh, and we also found her hidden nest! Had to move it due to safety issues, but she was so adorable sitting there... looks like she might have broke her broodiness by moving but felt that was better than leaving her out unprotected...

wow that's great news.so happy for her and you..
1f606.png
1f913.png

Well she is just adorable!! I thought muscovy had the red masks though? Or is that just the males? I don't know much about them other then what wonderful mothers they are. We were thinking about trying a few next year along with a few cuyaga, hope that's spelled right lol.

Yea some get alot of the red some dont shes only couple months old and shes started to change to kinda a dark orange color around the face but idk if shel get the red or not but shes a great duck she stays indoors with us and is so spoiled shes really attached to my 4 year old daughter follows get everywhere even gets up in the bed with her to cuddle

Yea some get alot of the red some dont shes only couple months old and shes started to change to kinda a dark orange color around the face but idk if shel get the red or not but shes a great duck she stays indoors with us and is so spoiled shes really attached to my 4 year old daughter follows get everywhere even gets up in the bed with her to cuddle

Oh how neat. We have a special needs duck that I've been trying to figure out what we can do with her. I thought about making her a house duck but not sure how to keep things clean. Do they make duck diapers lol? How do you keep her in the house? I might give that a try.. :)

Last edited:
Oh how neat. We have a special needs duck that I've been trying to figure out what we can do with her. I thought about making her a house duck but not sure how to keep things clean. Do they make duck diapers lol? How do you keep her in the house? I might give that a try.. :)

They do make duck diapers... in fact, @kukupecpec has an etsy store she sells them out of called Sew Sammi... BYC members get a 10% discount *I think*...

Ask @RubyNala97 about them, she got one recently for her Mavis... :D

They do make duck diapers... in fact, @kukupecpec has an etsy store she sells them out of called Sew Sammi... BYC members get a 10% discount *I think*...

You are correct! All my BYCers get a 10% discount just use this code at checkout
BYC10

You can see my etsy store here
www.SewSammi.etsy.com

In a couple weeks I'll be opening my new website with LOADS of house duck and duck diaper info. I'll also be having some grand opening sales and events so keep an eye out ;)

You are correct! All my BYCers get a 10% discount just use this code at checkout
BYC10

You can see my etsy store here
www.SewSammi.etsy.com

In a couple weeks I'll be opening my new website with LOADS of house duck and duck diaper info. I'll also be having some grand opening sales and events so keep an eye out ;)

That's great I think I'll get some for sure!! Are their multiple sizes or is it adjustable? Our duckling is little now but I know will grow quickly.. :)

So we have diapers before that she grew out of but iv ordered another from etsy just waitin on ut so she hasnt wore a diaper in weeks but tge thing about her is shes always beeb indoors since a couple days old and she has a corner in the living room with a bed and some pads and she mostly stays over there or goes over there she has accicents some on the floor but really she does good and at night she sleeps over there all night with a night light the most provs we have is the fuzzy feathers going everywhre everytime she flaps her wings lol so I vacume my hard wood floors everyday but shes so spoiled to being inside when we go outside she goes right back in and looks at me from the door but we live in sc so it's really hot she likes to lay by the air vent in the floor

So we have diapers before that she grew out of but iv ordered another from etsy just waitin on ut so she hasnt wore a diaper in weeks but tge thing about her is shes always beeb indoors since a couple days old and she has a corner in the living room with a bed and some pads and she mostly stays over there or goes over there she has accicents some on the floor but really she does good and at night she sleeps over there all night with a night light the most provs we have is the fuzzy feathers going everywhre everytime she flaps her wings lol so I vacume my hard wood floors everyday but shes so spoiled to being inside when we go outside she goes right back in and looks at me from the door but we live in sc so it's really hot she likes to lay by the air vent in the floor

Lmao. That sounds great!! Definitely going to try this now. Have you had her since she hatched? :)

Back
Top Bottom