The Duck Thread

Hello everyone I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I only have one hose gravity feeding into the pond but two hoses isn't enough to keep the pond drained. So I dug a small trench though the chickens pen and down into the stream until I get something figured out but my dad is having a cow because the water going though the yard like that and I already told him what my plans were but now my plans arnt working. So how can I keep it maintaining a steady flow of water being drained without having to buy a bunch of pvc pipes

Can you describe the layout again? You may be able to feed into a "rain garden" kind of area - a slight depression filled with mulch - it won't get muddy and it will be a brilliant place for some kinds of pretty perennial plants.

Do I understand you now have a shallow channel? Is his issue the channel or that it's going straight to the stream?

The vet wants to wait until tomorrow to drain the infection, because the vet wants to put him under. And that made me feel a little better knowing he won't be awake for that!

So Merlin is spending the night at the clinic. Thankfully the clinic is about 15 minutes away.

My mom left a little bit ago, and I am very anxious!
caf.gif
I hope it went well.

The vet wants to wait until tomorrow to drain the infection, because the vet wants to put him under. And that made me feel a little better knowing he won't be awake for that!

So Merlin is spending the night at the clinic. Thankfully the clinic is about 15 minutes away.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Can you describe the layout again?  You may be able to feed into a "rain garden" kind of area - a slight depression filled with mulch - it won't get muddy and it will be a brilliant place for some kinds of pretty perennial plants. 

Do I understand you now have a shallow channel?  Is his issue the channel or that it's going straight to the stream?

No it's because the water going through the yard he doesn't want the yard to be all muddy. After I went back outside to see what else I could find to give a try I found some metal pipe that are used for a car port thing so I took those and just ran it over the the edge of the stream. Until I get something else figured out. I did have a small channel dug first because the water was just draining from the pipe and just going where ever. I might in the future use it to water the garden but having the water constantly draining into a flower bed that amount of water would kill the plants unless it was plants meant for living in the water. I will also use it because it's cold spring water coming down off the mountain to keep the water tanks full because I never got them attached to the gutters. Tha is for the ideas

Sorry, I missed this earlier. Sending prayers up for Merlin that is goes smoothly tomorrow and for a speedy recovery.

Back
Top Bottom