The Duck Thread

Thank you for the replies! I don't really like the look of muscovies
hmm.png
/ Cayugas do interest me tho. Are they the same size as Pekins? Does anybody have any experience with rouens?
Also, with Cayugas you get those dark grey and black eggs. As they get older they lay lighter shades of grey eggs and my God-daughter says they are running out of toner.

Love my Rouen. Muscovies are my favorite so far. They are so funny and the chirping is pretty cute. We didn't want them at first but I'll have over 15 of them by the end of summer. They can be pretty.

I'm hoping to get Ancona, Cayugas, and swedish to add to our Mallards (mine are little jerks)
263a.png
and Campbells.

Love my Rouen. Muscovies are my favorite so far. They are so funny and the chirping is pretty cute. We didn't want them at first but I'll have over 15 of them by the end of summer. They can be pretty.

I'm hoping to get Ancona, Cayugas, and swedish to add to our Mallards (mine are little jerks)
263a.png
and Campbells.

Only just over 15???? :lau

My Swedish (only have a pair) are pretty standoffish, they don't really want anything to do with me.

Last edited:

263a.png
and Campbells.
very cute plumpers.

very cute plumpers.

Thanks! We just got them this weekend. We went for 1 Muscovy and by the end of the weekend had all three, on frizzle bantam rooster, and three bantam hens. We inherited 5 ducks and 8 chickens when we moved in October and will have close to 50 birds by end of summer lol.

Only just over 15???? :lau

My Swedish (only have a pair) are pretty standoffish, they don't really want anything to do with me.

Thanks for the info! I'll get even more if hubby let's me lol. Love them! This is my queen of the ducks Andromeda

And Neptune. He hates this snow lol. Won't walk down to Creek unless I snow blow a path

I actually checked out this thread to ask how much people sell duck eggs for and got distracted lol. Hi new to BYC. I have some customers that want to buy duck eggs from me but I'm not sure how much they typically go for. Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I'll get even more if hubby let's me lol. Love them! This is my queen of the ducks Andromeda

And Neptune. He hates this snow lol. Won't walk down to Creek unless I snow blow a path

:) Lol Muscovies are my favorites too. Lol if you ducks are anything like the ones I grew up around you'll be swamped, at least two clutches of at least 20 eggs with a 90% hatch rate, yup swamped. :lol:

I actually checked out this thread to ask how much people sell duck eggs for and got distracted lol. Hi new to BYC. I have some customers that want to buy duck eggs from me but I'm not sure how much they typically go for. Thanks!

I sell mine for $4.00 a dozen, that covers feed with a little bit of extra (costs me about $2.80 to produce a dozen eggs) I'd say figure out what it costs you per dozen then go a little higher so you have a profit.

Back
Top Bottom