The Duck Thread

Hi guys I need help I am getting more ducks and wanting to know I am getting the option between khaki Campbell ducks or saxonys can someone help me
Darn thats a hard one!
Do you want more pet ducks or production ducks? Khakis are very good layers, but as said, tend to be skittish. Saxony ducks are very sweet and so far mine have laid well. They tend to eat more as well

I have my flock on lock down because of new members so I have extra litter boxes in it with water. I went in today because one was flipped over and found a Mallard under it. He was filthy and pretty mad. He's been a little jerk so it made me laugh pretty hard!

I just looked up Saxony ducks they're pretty!

I have my flock on lock down because of new members so I have extra litter boxes in it with water. I went in today because one was flipped over and found a Mallard under it. He was filthy and pretty mad. He's been a little jerk so it made me laugh pretty hard!

I just looked up Saxony ducks they're pretty!
Poor thing I bet he was happy to get out of there.

@EmilyP
   Have you been soaking the leg and foot in warm Epsom salt water daily? that can help a lot with swelling why not try that along with everything else your doing. 5 mins at end of the day right before bed so he is off his feet for the night.

I hope with all your doing you see marked improvement before you leave on vacation. 

FYI do not let him drink the ES solution is is also a laxative.
Keep him from walking much but floating in water is a good idea it takes pressure off the leg while it's healing.

We soaked once but we're planning on starting back again today. He is doing a bit better everyday but thankfully my inlaws are good about giving him his pills and such

Good idea soaking can really help along with everything else your doing. 

Bath time

First let me say that I am partial to my Khaki Campbells so I may be a bit prejudiced. Khaki's tend to be a bit more nervous than other breeds but they are great egg layers and, if you are breeding, make pretty good mothers. Saxony's are a bit larger breed and are a pretty decent dual purpose duck. If you are planning on just females for eggs and not breeding I think the Khaki is a more attractive duck.

Darn thats a hard one!
Do you want more pet ducks or production ducks? Khakis are very good layers, but as said, tend to be skittish. Saxony ducks are very sweet and so far mine have laid well. They tend to eat more as well

Hi thanks for the responses I was looking at photos and I couldn't decide I wanted a good brooder as well and as I haven't been able to tryout myself I was wondering which one is a better mum as I had Pekins ages ago and never got any hatches but a heap of eggs is that what saxonys are like or with the sit in their eggs

Back
Top Bottom