The Duck Thread

Quote:
We are going to try to let her brood them, hopefully she takes to it. Her and our mallard hatched a few ducklings in November but the Mallard was not interested and she still had some non-developed eggs still under her that i think she was more concerned about staying on than worrying about the babies (our first hatch), plus it was cold out so we brought them into the shed and actually sold them when they were 3 days old. Unfortunately I don't think our Pekin is going to get better :-( we see the vet again Friday but he's worse since last visit.

We are going to try to let her brood them, hopefully she takes to it. Her and our mallard hatched a few ducklings in November but the Mallard was not interested and she still had some non-developed eggs still under her that i think she was more concerned about staying on than worrying about the babies (our first hatch), plus it was cold out so we brought them into the shed and actually sold them when they were 3 days old. Unfortunately I don't think our Pekin is going to get better :-( we see the vet again Friday but he's worse since last visit.

Aww, that means ya have to send us some cute mother-duckling pictures!
tongue.png
Hopefully, she has some experience now.
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry about your Pekin. What's wrong with him? Sending prayers and hugs

Quote:
He had an infection in one leg and that "healed" but really just moved to the other leg, antibiotics are not helping this time and the infection is in his bone :-(

Hello all. One of my Muscovies laid about a dozen eggs a week and a half ago. She has been sitting on them like a good mom. I live on Long Island in NY and temps have been up and down between 50s and 20s at night. Any chance these eggs will hatch naturally?

Hello all. One of my Muscovies laid about a dozen eggs a week and a half ago. She has been sitting on them like a good mom. I live on Long Island in NY and temps have been up and down between 50s and 20s at night. Any chance these eggs will hatch naturally?

They should be fine. We had two duck sit this fall, one religiously stayed on her nest the other came and went. All the eggs hatched just fine the Friday before thanksgiving. It may have been a little warmer but definitely getting down into the low 30s most nights a few cooler than others

I have another Peking coming tomorrow! My Chatty and Kathy are such good layers and I have more people that want duck eggs than I can actually fill. Every time someone sees how big theirs are they are impressed. Was only going to charge $4 but everyone keeps giving me $5 so thats kinda cool. In the last two weeks I definitely paid for my month of feed for all the birds. Makes me feel better about getting more while hubby was away lol. And my East Indie ducklings will hopefully be here tomorrow!! Still working on the water over something to catch spills.

I have another Peking coming tomorrow! My Chatty and Kathy are such good layers and I have more people that want duck eggs than I can actually fill. Every time someone sees how big theirs are they are impressed. Was only going to charge $4 but everyone keeps giving me $5 so thats kinda cool. In the last two weeks I definitely paid for my month of feed for all the birds. Makes me feel better about getting more while hubby was away lol. And my East Indie ducklings will hopefully be here tomorrow!! Still working on the water over something to catch spills.

Haha wish we were in an area where we could sell duck eggs! But some of the people here are really picky about what they eat... And there are fresh chicken eggs right down the road
roll.png

Yay for ducklings!

Back
Top Bottom