The Duck Thread

20170530_192606.jpg
23 babies total from my two Muscovy! Finally have my other girl actually sitting on eggs instead of pushing them around her too so eventually could have 9 more. We ended up giving the one we had to bring in to hatch to the other mom because she didnt have as many and was still on nest. So far everyone looks healthy! I think we're going to keep them all with mom till they get older. I already have 12 sold but I want to pick some first when I have a better chance at guessing sex and color lol. Venus keeps hers down in a secluded part of creek most of the day but did come over by us close to bed time. I'm surprised at the differences in the babies. Figured most would be black and white pied. Saturn hasnt left coop yet but I'm guessing she will tomorrow. Any tips on how or if I should be doing brewers yeast? She has them free ranging instead of eating food I have out.
20170530_192424.jpg

Those Eadt Indies are sooooo pretty and shiny!

If she's not having them eat the food you're putting out there's not really a way to get the brewers yeast to them I don't think...niacin is probably in the soil and plants they're eating

Okay cool. I'm trying to just let them do their thing. Just wanted to make sure. 13 ducklings swimming with mom is so cute I can't even stand it! But shes too fast and I can't get a pick of them!

And the East Indies are super pretty. I wish I could get a better pic of them!

Back
Top Bottom