The Duck Thread

Listen to holly duck farmer try brewers yeast it really helped my guys( ducks ) got it at a health food store. Think it was $3, for a decent amount. Not that you should try the other suggestions as well. Good luck.

It needs to be a nightlight.  Candles are too risky.  Nightlight that looks like a candle is ok. 

A couple of other thoughts:  It sometimes works with puppies to put a radio on the the room and they don't feel alone.  Also, it might be possible to get a recording of ducks off the net and then let it play on a loop, with appropriate pauses.  Might convince the duck it's not alone.

I bought a nature 101soundtrack of ducks in a pond and it made it worse. He wouldn't sleep he did everything but sleep. I tried having her look at herself In a mirror but she wouldn't have it? How do I fix this

I bought a nature 101soundtrack of ducks in a pond and it made it worse. He wouldn't sleep he did everything but sleep. I tried having her look at herself In a mirror but she wouldn't have it? How do I fix this
Either your going to have to spend 24/7 with this duckling or get it a friend, they really need companionship of their own kind to be happy. He heard sounds of ducks and is doing what most would do wanting to be with some of his own. Try craigs list, lots of ducklings being hatched out all over the country, many needing homes. Pet finder another one farm store bulletin board. here on BYC rehoming thread.

Either your going to have to spend 24/7 with this duckling or get it a friend, they really need companionship of their own kind to be happy. He heard sounds of ducks and is doing what most would do wanting to be with some of his own. Try craigs list, lots of ducklings being hatched out all over the country, many needing homes. Pet finder another one farm store bulletin board. here on BYC rehoming thread.

I'm hoping yo take in two ducklings from someone on here but right now I'm in a bad situation of possibly losing the house. Our landlord died and the property is going to be given to one of her kids. I don't know what's going to happen

Last edited:
I'm hoping yo take in two ducklings from someone on here but right now I'm in a bad situation of possibly losing the house. Our landlord died and the property is going to be given to one of her kids. I don't know what's going to happen
Oh gosh I hope they will let ya'll continue to live there, and that is awesome about more ducklings. For your duckling and you! Seems letting ya'll stay would help them in the end.

Oh gosh I hope they will let ya'll continue to live there, and that is awesome about more ducklings. For your duckling and you! Seems letting ya'll stay would help them in the end.

Thanks for your concern! :) I hope so to! We certainly have the land for them I just hope to keep it. So I'm trying to make due for my duckling but it doesn't seem to be enough/:

Found this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/468538/the-misery-of-having-a-lone-duckling

As you can tell, one solution does not fit all. Adding more ducklings apparently did not solve this lone duckling's cries. I had not thought of a feather duster. The second page a writer notes that ducks imprint and will follow you everywhere. My Rouen's were very much imprinted. I had to put up fences to keep them out of the garden when I was weeding, etc. They were like my little shadows. The Pekins have never imprinted—they rarely follow me. In fact, the adult Mucovies follow me more often and coo at me when I walk by. You just never can predict duck behaviour!

Poor guy passed I'm devistsed. We tried everything. And no no moldy food I'm very careful. I have an adult female she's over a year never had any problems. He was fine in the morning sick by evening then died. It happens so dang fast. Could it possably be a toxic plant maybe ?

Poor guy passed I'm devistsed. We tried everything. And no no moldy food I'm very careful. I have an adult female she's over a year never had any problems. He was fine in the morning sick by evening then died. It happens so dang fast. Could it possably be a toxic plant maybe ?
I'm so sorry. It could surely be a toxic plants or something else toxic. What all did you do? did you try any of the flushes? everyone should have Activated charcoal in the med chest.

Back
Top Bottom