The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    [​IMG]

Are there any other Magpie duck keepers on this thread? They are a breed I've become quite fond of, and are harder to get than even Ancona, which are also critically endangered. Without fail, I get an egg a day from my girls, sometimes two eggs. No, those weren't eggs that were missed, they lay in the same place everyday, and the eggs are collected everyday.

2. K Epp

K Epp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2012
    North Georgia
    I don't know what breed my Qwackers is. She looks a lot like yours, but in blue. Its not letting me load pictures again...

3. chicken-n-worms

chicken-n-worms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    Joshua Tree California
    My Pekin Ducks just started Laying getting eggs everyday for 4 days now but I haven't seen the drake do anything about what age do they start the one pekin drake I have was by his self most his life I think he still thinks hes a chicken because he doesn't seem interested I just got the other 3 5 days ago 2 hens and a drake and getting 2 eggs a day from both

4. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    [​IMG]

Just waiting for dinner. .

5. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Just installed a DIY filter in my ducks larger pool. Thought they'd be scared but they are already in there splashing 20 minute after install. It only cost $20 ( I already had a pump) hopefully it works because it sure is ruff changing water every 3 days, I will be updating soon if it works well, even 2 extra days would be great!

6. 5DuckFarm

5DuckFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2014
    NJ
    I love my duck Daphne. We got adopted her from a sanctuary that saves animals or provides an alternative home for them. She is a Pekin duck (maybe Jumbo?) and she has a limp. It's probably due to the overage of males at the sanctuary. But she is the sweetest thing. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    Thank you wildsam. Just today I noticed a change in the nest structure and I was wondering if it meant someone was getting serious. wooo hooo! sounds like they are[​IMG]

Please do keep us posted and once the pic thing here gets fixed please post some for us. I'm searching for the perfect pump before I buy one and if you've found it, you will be saving me a lot of time worry and money[​IMG]

Awh, she is beautiful. I hope some day to help with duck rescue. I have worked with dog rescue but I'm learning there is a big need for ducks to be rescued also. Congratulations to you for adopting.

8. City farm

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Oh how precious... Love your photo... Can you hand feed her, does she follow you around & do you have other ducks?

9. City farm

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
    Wow beautiful girl..

10. 5DuckFarm

5DuckFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2014
    NJ

Thanks! She would definetely let me hand feed her, but I don't. She can't follow me around because of her limp. I have 4 other adults ducks and 3 ducklings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by