The Duck Thread

You can use brewers yeast, it's at health food stores. There is also animal grade yeast likely at feed stores or farm co-ops. A nice size bag of yeast from my health food store was $3 or so. Not sure where else you can get B vitamins like niacin. Hope this helps.

Solgar put's out Brewer's Yeast, which is a great product to add in powder form to your duckling feed if you are looking to supplement niacin. You can feed your duckling non-medicated chick feed. Manna pro makes a nice product, but you must add a little sprinkle of the brewer's yeast for the niacin. Solgar products are sold at your local vitamin Shoppe. I had a hard time finding definite answers on when to change over the food to a gamebird (higher protein) feed. Some sources say 2 weeks, some 4. In the event that you have chicks in the same area, the rule of thumb is to keep the non-medicated chick starter available for all.
Hope this helps.

Solgar put's out Brewer's Yeast, which is a great product to add in powder form to your duckling feed if you are looking to supplement niacin. You can feed your duckling non-medicated chick feed. Manna pro makes a nice product, but you must add a little sprinkle of the brewer's yeast for the niacin. Solgar products are sold at your local vitamin Shoppe. I had a hard time finding definite answers on when to change over the food to a gamebird (higher protein) feed. Some sources say 2 weeks, some 4. In the event that you have chicks in the same area, the rule of thumb is to keep the non-medicated chick starter available for all.
Hope this helps.

I agree with that .......

In Portland OR area, duck eggs range from $5 dz direct from the farm up to $1 an egg via grocers and supermarkets. When I was in Vermont, I couldn't give them away! Check local farms for your area.

Back
Top Bottom