The Duck Thread

Hey, so I need you guys' opinion. Wobbles does this sometimes and it freaks me out. It looks like she's just having a hyper, overly preeny-ful moment, but she gapes and yelps sometimes when she does it. It's quite unsettling, but at the same time she makes happy chirps and is totally fine after her little episode is over. Is she ok?

She's just trying to bathe in her little water bowl there. That just means she wants to take a bath. All the actions she's doing there is as if she were in a pool. ;) I've had ducklings do that next to their water bowls many times.

But ducks are very tolerant creatures, they can handle a LOT of pain and not even show it. They can be running around one day the next day dead. Some won't give ANY signs that they are even sick until it's to late. They are Tough LITTLE buggers.

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I was sold a duck just around 3 months ago and was told it was a Silver Appleyard and definitely female. It is around 13 weeks old now and does not quack but makes the raspy drake sound so it's definitely a drake. It also doesn't look like a Silver Appleyard to me, I'm thinking maybe it's a saxony? Could someone please help me out and suggest what breed he is?
Looks like a chocolate, can we see a better side view?

Yeah, tough indeed. I opted not to medicate my guy. Pain stops us from using things that need to heal. He's up and moving around this morning so I think I choose well.

I don't medicate any of my ducks either, chickens yes because they are a different story, they aren't as Tough but ducks are usually very strong buggers.

Looks like a chocolate, can we see a better side view?

Is this a better photo?

Back
Top Bottom