The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Pea gravel is nice because it easy to hose out/off, but pea gravel and stepping stone would look sharp and be very easy to clean with a hose. Oh but sod provides a snack for you flock.
    By the way those are amazingly cute babies they look a little like penguins :)

2. LittleBlu

LittleBlu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2014
    Oakhurst, Ca

Yes they were tripping over their feet and their legs trembled. One would also step on her own feet when just standing. I try and spray it with a mist of water to get It to stick to their food so its not dusty like that. Thank you for replying

3. Homie Ducks

Homie Ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    Pakistan
    [​IMG]
    Give Us Food :-D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  4. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Homie ducks - very cute!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are my two Muscovy babies. Can anyone tell me how/when to determine gender? They were about 5 weeks in the pics.

Thanks!

5. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    LOL that's my absolute favorite angle on duckies, looking at them headlong like that always makes me crack u p, every time! They're just so silly. All schnozz. <3

6. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pool party!

7. KMSonthecoast

KMSonthecoast Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Astoria, OR
    Thanks you.. I had similar thoughts...

8. LittleBlu

Jul 9, 2014
    Oakhurst, Ca
    Hey I'm post about black Swedish here because I'm hoping I'll get a faster response. When do they start laying eggs? (They are 1month and 1week some odd days) I need to know so I can start leading to their nesting boxes. Also, do Black Swedish fly? It may be a dumb question but I was told that certain duck/chicken breeds cannot fly because it was breeder out of them, they're too heavy

9. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Especially as they mature, many domestic breeds don't do much more than long hops. I have runners and they don't really fly. My buff drake can get over a three foot high fence with a running jump and flapping his wings.

My runners started laying between 16 and 22 weeks of age. The larger the breed, the later the first average egg-laying. I would think your would start closer to 20 weeks.

10. LittleBlu

Jul 9, 2014
    Oakhurst, Ca

Their weight is 7lb. They are 5 weeks something days ATM. Thank you for the information! I wasn't sure because I have heard multiple sides

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by